Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nightwing 47

Story- This issue basically deals with the after effects of what happened during the four part crossover with Birds of Prey, which is all fine and dandy, except I don't have the Birds parts of the crossover... I didn't start collecting Birds of Prey until the late 80's or so and the crossover was in the 20's or so... So, I just know what happened in the Nightwing issues, until I can get my hands on the missing parts. Anyway, onto this comic. Nightwing goes hunting for the crooked chief of police, Redhorn, only to find out he took off on a "vacation". During the crossover with Birds, Nite-Wing apparently killed a federal agent who was working undercover to bring down Blockbuster from the inside. Obviously, Nite-Wing had no clue he was killing a fed, but, killing is a big no-no, so Nightwing hunts Nite-Wing down(typing that just seems weird...)and Dick easily beats his wannabe sidekick, tying him up and calling the cops. Crazy Torque managed to weasel his way onto Intergang and began to call the shots as to how they operate in Bludhaven. On the personal life front, Dick attends the funeral of the slain federal agent, and Bludhaven's crooked inspector, Mac Arnot, approaches Dick, stating it was strange to see Dick there, considering he hadn't been assigned to a police department yet.

Overall- It's kind of hard to be to pleased with this comic, since I don't know how the last storyline wrapped up... I really hate crossovers!!! I was glad to see Dick finally get rid of Nite-Wing. I'm sure they'll meet up down the road again eventually. It's comics, Nite-Wing will break out or be broken out of prison eventually I'm sure. I still like Torque, any villain whose gimmick is that his head is twisted the wrong way is all right by me. I'm still interested to see the direction the Chuck Dixon takes with Dick being a cop.

No comments:

Post a Comment