Monday, October 27, 2008

Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers #2

Overall- Just for the record, I did read the first issue of this mini-series, but because of my overwhelming hatred for the "Secret Invasion" in general and Chris Yost in particular, I've left this comic sitting around for a while now. I might as well read it now, seeing as that I did buy it... I also did love the Young Avengers, that is when they had a comic!!!

My hatred for the writing of Yost has been constant, and as far as I am concerned, he is indicative of everything wrong with Marvel Comics right now... With that being said, this comic was not as bad as it could have been. That's about the nicest thing I can possibly say about anything penned by Chris Yost, the man who destroyed one of my favorite comics... I really couldn't give a #### about this mini-series or "Secret Invasion" but this comic was OK.

I know, I know... I'm sure someone out there is thinking, "If he hates this comic/crossover/writer/company, why is he buying the comics?". Deep down in my heart, I am and will always be a fan of Marvel Comics, the REAL Marvel Comics, not the bull#### Joe Quesada (Marvel's Editor in Chief) is force feeding us and I just can't bring myself to stop collecting Marvel Comics no matter how horrible it all gets. I guess Marvel has become like a terrible car wreck on the side of the road for me... No matter how much I know I shouldn't look, I look anyway.

Anyway, for me this comic is a 4 out of 10, a score that could be considered a minor miracle, considering how much this comic had going against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment