Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Uncanny X-men #502

Overall- Right off the bat I had to laugh at the caption describing Wolverine as "nearly invincible". Nearly invincible?!?!?! Wolverine is INVINCIBLE. He can't be killed! He was blown up by Nitro not that long ago, and regenerated from a ####ing skeleton! If that doesn't qualify you as invincible, I just don't know what will...

Bah! The X-Men were the ones getting in all the shots in this issue. I want them to lose... Oh well. The X-chumps discover the location of the Hellfire Cult(as they are now calling themselves) and attack. Thankfully, Empath brings some pain to them as he makes his escape.

Before the X-Men attack, the Red Queen(please be Jean Grey, please)forces Empath to tell her all about Emma Frost, then proceeds to look just like her... OK... So the Red Queen is either Jean, Maddie Pryor, Emma Frost, Lady Mastermind or maybe Mystique. Or, of course someone else altogether. My money is on a new character or another Emma Frost, because Marvel hates me and wants me to be miserable.

Yep, I can see it now. The big reveal is that the Red Queen is another Emma Frost. I think that's about the time I take a hot poker to my eyes! All in all, I would have liked to see the X-Men take a beating, but that didn't happen. The story was good and has me interested in the identity of the Red Queen, which is nice, since I haven't really cared too much about the X-titles lately. At least she gives me a reason to pay attention here. Overall this issue gets a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment