Monday, October 20, 2008

Comic Book Archers?

Wow, I was just about to read the Secret Invasion comic with the Young Avengers and the Runaways, and seeing Kate Bishop on the cover made me realize something, there are A LOT of archers permeating the Marvel and DC universes... I kind of wonder why that is. I mean, most heroes are facing threats from villains that could vaporize them with a glance, yet some decide to go out there fighting with a bow and arrow??? It just seems crazy to me. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to why there are so many archers...

Let's see offhand there are Hawkeye(Clint Barton), Hawkeye(Kate Bishop), Trickshot, Green Arrow, Red Arrow, Speedy, Arrowette, Conner Hawke, Shado, and Merlyn. I'm sure I'm missing a few, but I'm just curious as to why these characters decided to take up the bow, as opposed to something more rational, like a gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment