Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nightwing #62

Overall- This issue is part of some crossover called "Joker:Last Laugh", in which the Joker has somehow managed to douse the occupants of a super human prison called the Slab with his Joker juice, turning then as homicidal and twisted as he is.

Basically, Dick breaks into the Slab, and fights with a couple of losers and nobodies, while searching for Batman, who he figures came to the Slab before he did. Honestly, I had little idea as to what was going on in the main story line of this crossover.

How did Joker manage to create an army of Jokers? Why was Nightwing the only person to enter the Slab, if a bunch of crazed villains were on the loose? Where was Batman or the JLA? Shouldn't they be on the case of something this big instead of Nightwing on his own???

I'd guess that since this is the only part of this crossover I have, those other questions are answered elsewhere. I hate those inter comic book crossovers, especially for someone like me, who is collecting these comics as back issues, so I don't really know what other comics crossover with this one... Oh well. I can't say I really enjoyed this comic, because it was just Nightwing mindlessly fighting a bunch of c-list chumps, while I had no clue as to what was going on in the big picture. 4 out of 10 is the best I can give this one, since like I said, I wasn't sure what the story was really about...

No comments:

Post a Comment