Monday, October 20, 2008

Mighty Avengers 18

One more issue and I think I'm finally caught up...
Story- This issue dealt with Nick Fury and his "team" that he put together to combat the imminent Skrull Invasion. We get to see all the crap Fury put his recruits through in order to toughen them up, as well Fury sending the team to kidnap (at the time) SHIELD director Hill. The "team" manages to pull it off, but Hill turns out to be a LMD(Life Model Decoy), So the team has to abandon the LMD out of fear of getting captured. At their new base, Fury now decides that Hill isn't a Skrull, but as he concludes this, the Skrull Invasion begins in earnest.

Overall- I like Nick Fury. I really do, however, I could care less about this "team" he has assembled. Quake, I'm partial to(I liked her in Secret War), but the rest of them I can't stand. Hell, if the battle is between the Skrulls and Fury's "team" I think I'd root for the Skrulls, and I hate those damn things. I just hope that when all the smoke has cleared, and the dust has settled, Fury is back in charge of SHIELD, or better yet elected President. President Nick Fury... Wow... There are no words to express my feelings towards that...

No comments:

Post a Comment