Sunday, October 5, 2008

Flash 139-141, "The Black Flash"

I just recently read some older Flash comics and I figured I'd throw some comments out there. These three comics encompassed a three part storyline entitled "The Black Flash".

The Good-Basically all three comics. Anytime I can read something with Max Mercury in it, I'm a happy camper. The addition of all the other DC speedsters just sweetened the deal for me. It always makes me happy to come across an Impulse appearance I was unaware of. The story itself dealt with the Black Flash, which is pretty much the embodiment of death for speedsters(I guess regular Death is too slow to catch a speedster, so they need their own Death figure.). Black Flash was ready to take Wally West(Flash), but erred and took his girlfriend instead. The issues after Linda's death, followed Wally's guilt at knowing that the Black Flash was originally after him, but took his girlfriend instead. In the end, Black Flash went after Wally again, but thanks to the help of the other speedsters, as well as Wally's own quick thinking, he was able to not only defeat the Black Flash, but resurrect Linda as well. This led to Wally proposing and Linda accepting.

The Bad-Since there wasn't really anything to complain about, I'll get picky. Why were Flash's rouge's at Linda's Funeral??!! I mean really, who invited Mirror Master or Captain Boomerang? That just seemed wrong to me. My other little problem, was where did Wally find Linda when he resurrected her? I guess in the Speed Force. If that was the case, what was in Linda's grave? Plus why would Linda want to visit her own grave? I think after coming back from the dead, I'd avoid making any visits to my grave site, just in case...

Overall-A really good, fun read that I'd strongly recommend. That, plus the fact that you can probably find these issues pretty cheap is a great reason to try to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment