Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nightwing #53

Overall- So, this was a part of a Batman crossover called Officer Down. I didn't know a thing about the crossover until I read this issue. It seems some dirty cop shot Gotham Police Commissioner Gordon, and the various parts of the Bat universe pulled together to find the culprit.

As always, I loved the interaction between Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon. They really should have ended up together... Well, they say hope springs eternal, so who knows one day? Then again, who actually SAYS hope springs eternal???

Let me get back on track here. Besides Babs and Dick's interaction, I loved the scene with Batman and Alfred in Commish. Gordon's hospital room. Alfred tore into Bruce verbally, telling him to grow up already, before quitting on him. OUCH!!!!

Jeez, I don't know what was going on in Batman's comics at the time, but Alfred really ripped into Bats here. I've read some Batman comics in my day(not as many as I'd have liked, haven't been able to afford them yet...)and knew that Alfred was occasionally snarky, but after reading that scene all I could think was damn that was harsh!!!

I liked this story enough to decide that I'm going to go out and find the rest of the crossover. That's pretty high praise, so this comic gets a 9 out of 10. Yeah, I'm surprised I rated it that high too!

No comments:

Post a Comment