Friday, October 17, 2008

Thunderbolts 122

Oh joy....... Another Secret Invasion Crossover.........For those of you who can't tell, I'm being very sarcastic.
Story- We pick up with the team engaging Swarm, who is basically a Nazi scientist, that can control bees. The team on the field has trouble stopping Swarm, which greatly annoys Norman Osborn, who sends Venom out. Venom ends up eating the skeleton of Swarm to end the threat(yes, skeleton, he was a Nazi scientist, so he was really old!). Anyway, back at Tbolt mountain, the long dead sister of the Swordsman reappears. While the Swordsman is overjoyed, Norman is alarmed, mainly because the reason Swordsman is working with the Tbolts is so Norman can clone his dead sister. If she's back already, Norman figures Swordsman will have little to no reason to stay or obey orders. Anyway, while Osborn discusses this with Swordsman, Moonstone and Songbird, Captain Marvel arrives and lays waste to the entire team of Tbolts. However, all he can do is render them unconscious, since he can't harm fellow Skrulls. Osborn picks up on the fact that something is fishy and decides to have a talk with Captain Marvel.

Overall- I hate Secret Invasion. Really and truly hate it. If you read my prior post on my many complaints against Marvel, you know exactly why, so I'll spare everyone from going into it again. All in all, this comic was OK, nothing special, but not awful. BUT, and this is a big BUT, I can't even begin to describe in human words how much I hate the idea that Captain Marvel is a SKRULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OK I'm back. The original Captain Marvel was one of the greatest heroes in the Marvel Universe, and when I read the story of his death, I cried. Yeah, that's right, I'm man enough to admit I cried like a baby. That was the first and only time a comic book brought me to tears. Quite frankly, I never cry, period. That comic touched me so much though, that it managed to bring me to tears. The fact that a Skrull is parading around pretending to be Mar-Vell pisses me off to no end. There thats the end of that rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment