Saturday, October 25, 2008

X-Factor # 36

Overall- Eh, this comic puts me in an awkward spot... On one hand, Peter David wrote it, so automatically, I should love it, right? Yet, I'm just not fully into the story right now.

Honestly, I think some of the problem is that I don't really like Longshot and David is relying heavily on Longshot in this story. Everytime the team runs into a bit of trouble, it's like they all look at Longshot and he uses his "reading" powers to show them what their next move should be...

I'm also not really too fond of Darwin either... Now, don't get me wrong I don't hate Darwin, but I've always seen him as an unnecessary left over from Deadly Genesis. I LOVED Deadly Genesis, but Darwin just didn't fit into the story. He seemed so uninteresting compared to Vulcan, who I'd much rather have on X-Factor. Granted, I haven't read Deadly Genesis in like 3 years, so my feelings /memory of it might be a little off, but I remember not really getting Darwin's involvement(maybe I should dig that mini-series back out again...).

I guess what I'm saying is that there are a lot of other characters I'd rather see in X-Factor right now then Darwin or Longshot. Since I am an unabashed worshiper of Peter David's writing, even though I'm not really enjoying this story, it gets a 5 1/2 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment