Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nightwing #58

Overall- This issue was the conclusion to the story with Shrike. It was all pretty paint by numbers, basic stuff actually. Shrike and Dick fight. Black Canary comes to the rescue. Canary winds up in deadly peril. Dick manages to save Canary and defeat the bad guy. End of story.

Well, obviously it wasn't THAT simplistic, but I was kind of hoping for a little more considering this was the conclusion to the story line with Shrike. Considering all the damage Dick had taken before his dramatic battle with Shrike, Dick really beat Shrike easily... I mean, Shrike had been shown to be this ultimate fighting machine, and then wham, Dick beats him in like 6 panels...

The issue ended with Dick and Babs sharing a kiss, which means they're an item now? With the two of them, I can never be too sure. Oh, one other thing, if they wanted to have a woman in peril for this issue, should it really have been Dinah? She's not exactly a pushover. In hand to hand combat, I would think she ranks within the top 10 in the DC Universe. Meh. I was kind of expecting better from this issue, but to me everything seemed rushed. I give it a 5 out of 10, which might just be the lowest score I've given any of the Nightwings I've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment