Monday, October 27, 2008

Uncanny X-men #498

Overall- Huh, it's been about 5 months since I read an issue of Uncanny... That really says A LOT about my current feelings towards what's happened to my beloved mutants. When I was a little kid, first cutting my teeth on comic books(no, not literally), all I would read were the 4 X-titles that were out at the time, Uncanny, X-Men, Force and Factor. When I came back to comics again a few years ago, it was the X-titles that drew me back in. I may have been in the minority, but I loved Morrison's New X-Men and yes, even Austen's Uncanny team. Now, I barely even want to crack open an X-title... Even one written by the superb Ed Brubaker. Damn you Joe Quesada!!! Bring back my mutants!!! I much rather preferred the Marvel Universe chock full of muties, as opposed to the paltry 198 we now have... Anyway, enough complaining about the past, onto this issue.

I liked this comic. We get to see more about this Goddess character in San Fran, and Wolvie and co. make their escape from the Russians. The Goddess stuff I'll comment more on after I read the next issue, but I was delighted to see Omega Red show up. Some of my very earliest comic books contained Red's first appearance, I think it was around X-men 4 or so... Overall I was pleased, but I'd expect nothing less from Brubaker. I'll give this issue a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment