Thursday, October 23, 2008

Secret Six #1

Overall- Huh, I'll be... I didn't really like this comic. Which is really strange, because up to now, I've yet to dislike when Gail Simone writes a story about the Six... Oh well, there's a first time for everything.

Scandal was still mourning the death of her lover Knockout, and was very out of character for much of the comic. Catman was going on and on about some vague occurrence in Africa to Deadshot, who couldn't really care less. The flashback's Catman was having about Africa were REALLY weird, involving him killing poachers in the nude, with blood covering his mouth. What the hell was that all about! Ragdoll was hanging around new team member, an incredibly bland Bane. Bane was really boring here... You know, without his mask on, Bane really doesn't look that intimidating. He should make it a habit to always keep his mask on!

The story was kind of all over the place, which I guess is to be expected in the first issue of a new comic/story line. Now, once things get rolling, I'm sure this comic will pick up and the various stories will start to sort out, but right now, I'm just not feeling it. I'd give it a 5 out of 10, while hoping that things start to come together next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment