Thursday, November 13, 2008

Justice Society of America #20

Overall- Once again another great issue of JSA. The problem with this issue is that it completely ignores the main storyline that has been running through the JSA title lately, and that is Gog/Magog. While that sucks, because I've been enjoying the Gog storyline more then anything else I've been reading recently, this comic wasn't bad by any means.

It basically dealt with the Justice League Infinity from Earth 2 battling it out with the JSA from our Earth. The main gripe here is that there are two Power Girl's who both believe they belong on Earth 2. So, naturally, when 2 groups of super heroes get together, they have a misunderstanding and fight. The fight ends when the JSI take our Earth's Power Girl back to Earth 2 to discover why she was trying to infiltrate them. Power Girl tries to explain that she thought Earth 2 was her original home and meant no harm.

Earth 2's Power Girl doesn't buy that story and the two brawl some more. Jay, Alan, Starman and Stargirl, who also made the trip to Earth 2, end up convincing the JSI that this was all a misunderstanding and after a while, they take our Power Girl back to our Earth.( I know I skipped alot, but it would take a lot of explaining to adequately say what exactly happened.).

Anyway, the issue closes with Alan approaching Mr. Terrific and posing the question, if Gog is truly an all powerful God as he seems to be, maybe Gog can resurrect Alan's dead daughter and Terrific's dead wife.

I have to admit that I was disappointed that this issue didn't deal with Gog in any way, because the Gog story has been absolutely inspired. With that said, it looks like there are 3 different JSA titles coming out this month, so my Gog-fixation should be more then satisfied once I get my hands on those comics. For a score, I'm going to go with an 8 out of 10. This WAS a good story, but it wasn't the story I was looking for, and that was a bit disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment