Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nightwing #90

Overall- This comic basically dealt with Dick beating the #### out of anyone who ever worked for Blockbuster in Bludhaven. Dick is actually pretty brutal here, breaking arms, wrists, faces, the works. I can't say I blame him though... He knows that Blockbuster was responsible for all the crap that's gone down in his life recently, so Dick figured he'd eliminate anybody who might have been able to come to Blockbuster's aid when Dick finally makes his move on the big man.

After taking out the c-list, Dick decides to go right to the top, and heads to Blockbuster's mansion, crashing in through a window. In the office Dick arrives in, there are dozens of TV screens showing the footage of the traffic accident that Dick inadvertently caused, which supposedly led to Blockbuster's mother having a heart attack.

Now, as I've written before, it was clearly stated in an earlier issue of Nightwing that Blockbuster's mother died of a heart attack because she was worried about Blockbuster during his heart surgery. I guess I'm OK with Devin Grayson(series writer)changing the story to make the battle between Blockbuster and Dick more personal... I don't know that it was necessary, but I guess I'm OK with it. While Dick stormed around Blockbuster's office, Shrike arrives, to set up their big fight next issue.

Also in this issue we find out that Blockbuster has sent Lady Vic after Tarantula because he feels Tarantula has been disobeying his direct orders. The two women fight and naturally Tarantula wins. Boy, you can tell Devin really likes Tarantula, she's been beating everyone she's come in contact with. For a "novice" vigilante, she can sure take care of business...

I was happy with this issue. Dick's more extreme measures were totally acceptable to me, considering all Blockbuster has put him through. The next few issues should be really interesting. Now, I try to make it habit to NEVER read spoilers about anything, but I have a pretty good idea how this storyline shakes out... I'll be looking forward to reading the end of this storyline to see what all the fuss was about. For a score, I'll give this comic a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment