Monday, November 10, 2008

Nightwing #85

Overall- This issue finds Nite-Wing getting in touch with Nightwing by putting a Nightwing signal into the night sky(think Bat signal). How Nite-Wing managed to create this, let alone use it is never explained, but with this comic lately, that's par for the course.

Anyway, Nite-Wing tells Dick that he didn't kill Redhorn and that he was being set up. OK, that doesn't make any sense in context to the last issue but let's just move on regardless... Dick decides to use Nite-Wing to get Tarantula to confess that it was her who killed Redhorn, and sends him to her apartment, wearing a wire. Now my question here is a really simple one, and I'm going to try to stay as calm as possible as I ask it. HOW THE #### DID DICK KNOW TARANTULA'S SECRET IDENTITY!!!!! OK, maybe I wasn't really calm there, but the question still remains.

If Dick knew all along who that Tarantula was really Catalina Flores, and he also knew that she killed at the very least Redhorn, why wasn't he actively trying to arrest her? He easily could have tailed her, and caught her in the act of committing some kind of crime I'm sure. This is the kind of lack of logic that is killing me with this comic book lately. Anyway, Nite-Wing and Tarantula fight, and the BPD rush in and arrest them both, even though Nite-Wing was the one illegally in Tarantula's apartment. Whatever, why should it make any sense? Arrest the criminal and the "victim". The issue ends with the District Attorney, who happens to be Tarantula's brother reading Capt. Amy the riot act for arresting his sister.

Boy, this issue just didn't make sense on so many levels... Unfortunately, I still have a lot of Nightwing comics to read through before I am caught up to the present... At this rate, I don't know if I am going to make it. For a score, I'll go with a 3 1/2 out of 10. I really, really hope the next issue improves somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment