Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nightwing #87

Overall- Ha ha ha hee hee hee.... I can't stop reading this comic book! It just keeps getting worse and worse! It's amazing! I mean that seriously too! And I can't stop using exclamation points, because I think that reading this comic book is slowly driving me insane!

We start this issue with Dick and Babs on a date in Gotham City. Hey, why not right? I mean they broke up at the end of the last issue, so in this comic it actually makes sense that they would be dating each other again this issue. I now realize that what ever I read in the previous issue has no meaning in the following issue.

Anyway, while Babs and Dick are having dinner, Tarantula attacks them. You know what, why the hell not? In this comic book why should I be surprised that Tarantula inexplicably knows that Dick Grayson and Nightwing are one and the same. They all fight, and Tarantula makes sure to give Dick a big wet kiss right in front of Babs before making her escape. Dick and Babs then CONTINUE the date! Don't you think Dick should be a little bit concerned that Tarantula just attacked him in his civilian identity??? I guess not.

Dick continues to act like an adolescent and attacks cardboard cutouts at a carnival when Babs says he is acting like Batman. My God, this is just getting worse and worse. Finally, Babs breaks up with Dick once and for all, I guess. With this comic, by the next issue they may be dating again.

Tarantula watches them break up from afar, and reports back to Blockbuster that she broke Dick and Babs up. Blockbuster seems annoyed, stating that he wanted Tarantula to kill Babs, but Tarantula replies that Dick will hurt more if Babs breaks his heart as opposed to dying. So, Blockbuster also knows who Dick is as well.... OK, sure, of course he does. Everybody else knows, so why shouldn't he know as well? Mercifully, this comic ends with Dick having a heart to heart talk with the gypsy who moved into his apartment building for some reason. Sure, that makes as much sense as anything else that's been happening here.

This comic book was mind numbingly bad. I could actually feel my brain cells evacuating my head as I was reading it. There are so many thing that don't make sense here... I'm going to guess that Blockbuster and Tarantula figured out Dick's identity due to his arm injury, but that is a flimsy connection at best... Please, if there is some kind of expert Nightwing fan out there, I am literally begging you to explain to me why the things in this comic book are occurring as they are! As for a score, I'm going to be nice and give this issue a 2 1/2 out of 10. It was THAT bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment