Friday, November 28, 2008

Nightwing #101

Figured I'd throw some quick reviews out for the stuff I've been reading lately. This comic was entitled "Nightwing: Year 1" Part 1(of 6)

Overall- This comics storyline tells the tale of how Dick Grayson first became Nightwing. We open with Batman battling Clayface in the sewers. Dick arrives on the scene, he was still Robin at this point, and begins to assist Batman. After some difficulty, mainly due to Dick not wanting to follow Batman's orders to the letter, the Dynamic Duo defeats Clayface. Upon returning to the Batcave, the two continue to argue, and after many angry words, Batman fires Dick as Robin. With that, Dick leaves the Batcave.

See, I told you that this was going to be a quick review! Overall, this was a good comic book, and shows Batman as the a###### he tends to be at times. I enjoyed Dick and Bruce's argument in the Cave, and I liked the fact that Batman made sure Alfred was out of earshot before he fired Dick, since he knew that Alfred would have defused the situation. I'm guessing that by the end of this storyline, we discover that Batman fired Dick for his own good, in an effort to help him grow as a person, or something along those lines. For a score, I'll give this comic a 7 1/2 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment