Saturday, November 1, 2008

Final Crisis:Submit

Overall- This is the issue I SHOULD have read before I read Final Crisis #4... Gee, thanks for THAT heads up DC... Well, with that unpleasantness out of the way, I can get into this comic.

This comic was OK, except for the fact that the Tattooed Man I knew was some scrawny white guy the Outsiders beat up in prison once, not a big black guy... Aren't there better names to take if you are a super-villain than "Tattooed Man"? I mean, do we as a society really need a gluttony of villains going by the same lame name??? I must be tired, I'm making less sense then usual...

In this comic, Black Lightning braved attacks from Darkseid's justifiers, to retrieve someone from the Hall of Justice and ran across the Tattooed Man and family. After some initial misgivings, Tats decides to help take up BL's mission after watching the justifiers place the brainwashing helmet atop BL's head.

The story was a nice one of a good man(Black Lightning) managing to convince a not so good man(Tattooed Man) that whatever differences they had in the past had become irrelevant now that Darkseid was destroying reality. I couldn't find too much to complain about here, except for the ridiculous order DC released these comics... Reading FC#4 first ruined the end of this story, because I knew that BL was going to be brainwashed, and the Tattooed Man was going to join with the Justice League... For the story alone, I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment