Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nightwing #69

Overall- Part 9 of Bruce Wayne:Fugitive... When will all the Batman crossovers end? This has to worse then the multitude of X-Men crossovers from the 90's!

The main part of this issue details Nightwing, Robin and Alfred trying to figure out how the guy who framed Bruce Wayne for murder managed to gain access to the Batcave. Dick manages to find a hidden way into the cave that not even Batman knew about, and also seemed to find something relevant to the investigation into Bruce's innocence. Like I said in my earlier post, I don't really know what is going on in this crossover, so it's hard to really like it.

As for the sub plot, Sgt. Amy, Dick's partner on the police force, and a group of corrupt cops preform a search warrant on an apartment, and find two drug dealers, who are in possession of about half a mil. Naturally the corrupt cops want to kill the dealers and split the money amongst themselves. Sgt. Amy says no, and the corrupt cops threaten her, saying that she could be killed just as easily as the dealers. After a shootout, Sgt. Amy emerges from the apartment with the bag of money, while her corrupt partners lie dead on the floor of the apartment.

The BW:Fugitive stuff, I can't say I liked, because, like I said before, I don't have enough of the story to really understand what was going on. As for the stuff with Sgt. Amy, I was very intrigued as to what she would do now... As for a score, I'll give this a 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment