Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Comic Day! June 22nd edition.

Hey all, X here with an abbreviated New Comic Day post. Things have been a bit busy for yours truly lately, which explains why I've been a bit light on posts both here and at the forum. I'd say by the end of the week things should be back to normal for me, but until then, I'll probably only be good for a post a day. But hey, a post a day with two fresh reviews in it isn't that bad!

Since I'm a bit short for time, I'm going to skip talking about last week's books and jump right into this week... Here are the books I picked up a bit earlier today at the comic shop... Action Comics #902, Outsiders #40, Batman: Gates of Gotham #2, Fables #106, Justice League of America #58, Superman #712, Zatanna #14, Deadpool #39, Iron Man 2.0 #6, Mighty Thor #3, Namor #11, New Mutants #26, Secret Avengers #14, Thunderbolts #159, Wolverine #11 & Silver Surfer #5. This week's Pick of the Litter couldn't possibly be any easier for me to choose... It's New Mutants #26. I don't even need to look at the rest of the comics, once I had New Mutants #26 in my hands, I KNEW no other comic could possibly be this week's Pick. Why is that? Two words: Nate Grey. As for this week's Runt of the Litter, that's pretty easy as well, it's the(thankfully!) last part of the abysmal Silver Surfer mini-series. This mini has proved to me once and for all that I'll NEVER be a fan of Greg Pak's writing... Only Pak would write a Silver Surfer comic where the Surfer loses his power, gets stuck on the Earth and whines incessantly. Way to write Marvel's preeminent cosmic hero! It's been painful, and if not for my immense love of the Surfer, I'd have dropped this one after the second issue. And that, as they say, is that. I should have a review of New Mutants #26 and probably Deadpool #39 up later on tonight, because I can't wait to dig into that issue of New Mutants! Until then, here's the Random Scan of the Week. X out.

The Random Scan of the Week!It's definitely a Batarang...

9 comments:

  1. Wooo first in line!!! Lol, starting to feel it's a contest to comment first.

    But I cant' believe another comic day has crept up on me, I really need to get some reading done. Work is starting to pick up business and I don't have as much free time. But hopefully I can get caught up. But as always I'm awaiting the reviews from the lovely X.

    Can't wait for the review for Gates of Gotham, Fables ( when that lovely day comes lol) Zatanna, Deadpool annd Wolverine.

    Have a great day an enjoy getting some reading in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao @ it's definitely a Batarang! Classic

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, that's an awesome scan! I'll be looking forward to that New Mutants review...that series isn't currently tying in to anything, is it? For the longest time, tt seemed like it was basically just another vehicle for the latest X-Men crossover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you were first in line by a good amount, Lisha! If I had a prize to hand out, you'd win it! :D I SHOULD have the DP review up later on, but that depends on when I get home later. But that's the plan.

    It's both funny AND true, JT! :D

    Nope, nothing's crossing over with New Mutants, plus it's being written by my favorite writing team, Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning, so it's all good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you like the transformers movies?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Young Justice FTW baybay!& I hope Nate blows Norman up like he did those foundation people back in counter-x (I wish that continued instead of Morrison or Bryan Singer)or turn him into a drooling vegetable like he did Domino in AOA (that was Creepy...). Cornell's X-man was a bit too tame, actually. even shaman Nate seemed more mature but was a nuclear bomb when angered"You're evil , you die!"
    My Styfe revamp is done, I kinda cheated, but I'll illustrate the "Stryfe from Hell!" Idea,later so I started with my fanon status quo return for him

    http://devilkais.deviantart.com/#/d3jpb4d

    This one took me more tweaking & is an idea for the entire weapon x & + end, srsly it'd definitely a wagneresque epic ending to those organisations & I swear Apoc & Sinister were not put here by fanboyism(they're my favourites but I definitely studied how they work ) it's definitely their modus operandi...

    http://devilkais.deviantart.com/art/Event-Weapon-end-214504459

    wait for your opinion bro.. & I am actually disappointed by first class! srsly it was nice to see Banshee & Havok get some due , but...am I the only that's tired of Magneto & Xavier? I mean the comics WERE good because you had many characters with their own mythos & in all movies, Mystique sucks,in design & characters, srsly google Michael Mayhew Mystique & you'll get why I am pissed at the movie design of Mystique!she's supposed to be a traitorous femme fatale mixed with psycho judas not generic hench woman & bastard spawn of a lizard & smurfette
    Apocalypse or Sinister would have been wonderful (they have megamorphic abilities so they're not that hard to disguise as humans through an entire movie & their ideologies would be far more refreshing!)
    instead we have fucking Azazel ! REALLY NOW!

    Saidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh while I am at it since you want a nickname for the fake Emma Frost (the real one died after generation X & appeared in Cable & Deadpool, where she acted as the Emma I love, you know professional, classy & not blowing Douchelops! Guess Nicieza wanted to avoid that can of worm of a shitty pairing in one of the greatest series EVER, & God bless him for that!)
    PARIS HILTON BRITISH EDITION! how would that do?

    Saidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Douchelops...lol.

    X, have you read any of Abnett & Landing's work on Mr. Majestic? I only just discovered that they worked on the book last night, and I'm intrigued. It takes place in the Wildstorm universe, and came out in the mid-2000s. There are four trades, apparently, and I'm very interested to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, I haven't, Marc... But I'll tell you this I'm definitely interested in learning more! I'll have to see if I can find the first trade somewhere, if it's written by DnA, it's almost definitely gonna be worth it!

    ReplyDelete