Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Comic Day! October 20th Edition.

Hey X-Maniacs, it's Wednesday, so you know what that means! Oh, you don't? Well then allow me to elaborate... Wednesday means that it is New Comic Day!!! Before I get into what I've picked up this week, some housekeeping seems to be in order first. Let's start by looking ALL the way back to last week. Last week I came home from the comic book store with a whopping 17(!)comic books! I also promised during last week's NCD post that by the time today rolled around I would have reviewed at least 17 comics for this blog. How did I do? I managed to post 21(!!)reviews this past week! Now THAT is what I call a comic filled week! So nicely done me, if I do say so myself!

Stepping away from comics monetarily, I'm VERY close to picking up Fallout: New Vegas from my local video game store tomorrow. I've been REALLY enjoying Fallout 3 lately, and have had Fallout: New Vegas on my radar for a few weeks now. Thus far though, the reviews I've seen for New Vegas have been good, but not great... For me to spend over $60 for a new game, it needs to get some stupendous reviews, not okay ones. So if I do decide to pick up New Vegas, that MIGHT disrupt my comic book buying for a week or so. But since I'm undecided, I guess we'll see which way I decide to go come tomorrow/later on this week. I'll post whether I went and picked it up or not. Of course, if anybody out there IS planning on picking up New Vegas and wants to sell me on it, be my guest! I can be easily swayed by peer pressure! Also worth noting is that the new Avengers cartoon debuts tonight, although I probably won't get to see it because of Hell's Kitchen and the Ultimate Fighter, which are must watch programs for me. But I should be able to catch the Avengers cartoon on demand later on in the week, so if anybody wants to talk about it, leave a comment.

Okay, housekeeping out of the way, so it's time to get to the main event, the comics I picked up today. This week's pull included; Loki #1, Kick-Ass 2 #1, Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Catwoman #1, Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Commissioner Gordon #1, Deadpool #28, Brightest Day #12, Steve Rogers: Super-Soldier #4, Supergirl #57, Superman/Batman #77, X-23 #2 & finally, Shadowland: Power Man #3. So a measly 11 comics this week. As for the pick of the litter... Umm, I guess maybe the Road Home books, or maybe Super-Soldier #4? I can't really say that I'm chomping at the bit to read any of these books to be honest. And the runt of the litter? Well that's easy, the always disappointing Brightest Day. God do I hate that series... Anyway, 11 books means I will put up at least 11 reviews over the course of the next 7 days, although of course the books I review may include some of the subscription books I get in the mail. So there you have it, another NCD post in the books. That's all folks, X out.

14 comments:

  1. Hey X, no HK due to the MLB Playoffs or something buddy. Atleast that's what my comcast says. Also I'm kinda shocked you aren't all that interested to read Kick Ass 2 after recently reading the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your review of Loki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, you're right JT! I was checking the cable guide and saw that the baseball game was preempting HK tonight... That def put a damper on my night!

    In a weird way, I'm almost dreading Kick-Ass 2 #1... You know how sequels usually are... WAY inferior to the original. Hopefully this comic will buck that trend.

    Loki was a total spur of the moment buy, Kello. I saw it, picked it up, put it back on the rack, and then as the cb shop owner was getting my pull list together, I figured, "Why not?" and threw it in as well. I usually like Loki(when he's a MAN!), so hopefully this mini impresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point X, now you have me worried about it. As of right now I've reviewed Brightest Day, Batman Beyond #5, and Power Girl #17.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I've got to ask, just how bad was Brightest Day? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. X, remember when I reviewed that JLA Earth 2 comic? I gave it a lower score than THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jiminy Christmas, it was THAT bad?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear God yes. Oh man, I ripped that comic to SHREDS... SHREDS X. Hell tht's probably my favorite part of the review this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I'll get my shot at it tonight, 'cause it's on the top of my pile. It's also my 400th post of the year, so I'm gonna have to make my ranting EXTRA special! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goddamn it, 400th of the YEAR?! Man that's crazy. I'm coming up on my hundredth post after almost a year of blogging. That's insane.... You are the king X.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "You are the king" You know, I should put one of those "What other people are saying..." on the side of this blog like you have and put that there... It's good to be king.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, it's stuff like that, that makes me wanna take back what I said :P Hell it would probably all be quotes from me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA!!! It would be too! I'd have like 6 quotes, and they'd ALL be from you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol can I help it if I say such flattering things? :P

    ReplyDelete