Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Quick Look at REBELS #3

This is going to be my lone post tonight, I've got to be up very early tomorrow morning. On the plus side, getting up uber-early means that I should have the time to read some of my TPB's. With that bit of business out of the way, onto the review. This issue is written by Tony Bedard and illustrated by Andy Clarke.

-Dox explains(sort of)to Wildstar that if she wants to fly she'll have to wear a containment suit. Before Wildstar can inquire further, Dox blasts her with some kind of gun that seems to disintegrate Wildstar.

-Two members of Wildstar's tribe stop into Dox's ship to see what he was up to, and they see Dox holding a gun and Wildstar's remains laying on the floor. Needless to say, Wildstar's tribesmen are pissed and they attack Dox. Wildstar, now made of pure energy and in the containment suit, tosses her tribesmen out of the ship and Dox leaves Wildstar's homeworld.

-Wildstar leaves the ship and locates a former LEGION teammate of Dox's, Strata. Strata isn't pleased to see Dox(they seem to have some prior problems together), but Strata agrees to work with Dox to help free LEGION from who/whatever has taken control of them.

-The Omega Men launch an all-out attack on Maltus, the base of LEGION, and learn that LEGION has been infiltrated by Starro. This issue ends with some super-powered alien woman, wearing a Starro on her back, confronting the Omega Men.

I thought this issue was OK, I kind of wish Dox would just get his team together and confront Starro, but I guess you can't rush things. I haven't the slightest idea who the woman on the last page was supposed to be, but I'm sure issue #4 will fill me in on that minor detail. I definitely liked the reveal that Starro was behind the troubles with LEGION, mainly due to the fact that I actually know who Starro is! For a score, I'll give this comic a 7 out of 10. As with the last two issues, I'm sure I'd have enjoyed the story way more if I was more well versed with these characters.Note to self: DO NOT mess with a living computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment