Thursday, May 21, 2009

Teen Titans #70

This is part 3 of the 5 part "Deathtrap" storyline and is written by Sean McKeever. Oh, and this is going to be a very quick review, because it's getting late, and I want to get to "Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes".

-Jericho is STILL planning something that hasn't been revealed yet... Hopefully we'll find out what he's up to by the end of this x-over!

-The Titans and the Teen Titans manage to down the Teen Titans out of control airplane with a little bit of help from Ravager.

-Ravager tells the combined Titans that she wants Jericho to get the help he needs, not killed by some nutjob like Vigilante, who is spying on the gathering from afar.

-Jericho shows up, possesses Raven and teleports away with Ravager. Ravager tells Jericho to turn himself in, but he refuses, telling Ravager he still has to kill all of the Titans. Well, I guess it's important to have goals... After Jericho realizes that Ravager won't help him, he teleports with Ravager to the two Titans teams.

-By this point, the Titans realize that they are being watched by Vigilante and they attack him. After Jericho and Ravager arrive, Vigilante tries to get at Jericho but is beaten down by Ravager. Jericho escapes(again!)and the Titans decide to take Vigilante with them, telling him that he won't be allowed to kill Jericho... Yeah, that'll work!

-The issue ends with Jericho arriving at a fancy hotel(?)in Central Park making various nefarious threats to no one in particular.

Meh. This was OK, but I just can't buy Jericho as a bad guy. My mind just won't accept it. I keep waiting for Deathstroke to jump in a window or something and scream, "I'm really the villain behind this whole story!!!". Besides that, I just don't understand why Vigilante was included in this storyline. He really doesn't fit. Unless it's revealed that he's secretly one of Deathstroke's offspring or something along those lines his inclusion here just sticks out like a sore thumb.

I can honestly say this x-over isn't living up to the lofty expectations I had for it before it began. Maybe things will really pick up as this x-over comes to an end, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen. I will say that I was very happy that Ravager finally showed up here. Unfortunately I think her appearance may be a case of too little, too late. For a score, I'll go with a 6 1/2 out of 10. I suppose this x-over almost has to end with Vigilante killing off Jericho, but as of right now, I really don't care one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment