Sunday, May 31, 2009

Battle for the Cowl: Oracle: The Cure #2(of 3)

Well, I was either going to finish up this mini-series, or the Azrael one, and after remembering how awful the 1st issue of the Azrael mini was, it was a no-brainer. This issue is written by Kevin Vanhook. I'll be honest, I don't remember what issue #1 was about, so hopefully this issue will remind me.

-Now I remember why I've been avoiding this comic book! Oracle heads to Hong Kong and is promptly attacked by three hoods looking to steal her computer(for starters). Babs manages to beat the hell out of them from the ground and gets her computer back.

-From there Babs heads to a den of hackers(I guess)and has them hook her up to some kind of fancy virtual reality equipment where she does some stuff(sorry, that's all I understood!).

-Meanwhile, the Calculator is still searching the Internet for fragments of the Anti-Life Equation which he believes will help him heal his comatose daughter Wendy. To help accomplish this, Calculator attempts to meet with a hacker friend of Babs' online to use him as a guinea pig of sorts to test the fragments of the Anti-Life Equation he has thus far recovered.

-Babs makes a phone call to her hacker friend in the States and discovers that Calculator is trying to meet with him. Babs tells the hacker to leave town and avoid all contact with computerized things, but the hacker decides to meet with Calculator anyway.

-The hacker finds Calculator's online safehouse and uses his online avatar to attack. Calculator swiftly demolishes the hacker and somehow manages to find Babs' location from the hacker's avatar(don't ask me how he did that!). The issue ends with Calculator appearing on the computer screen Babs and her hackers were using.

Man was that frigging confusing! The worst thing about this comic is the fact that I still have to read issue #3! I am not looking forward to that. I'll save most of my comments until I read issue #3, but I will say that I really didn't enjoy reading this comic. For a score I'll go with a 4 out of 10. Just thinking about this comic gives me a mild headache. I definitely wouldn't recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment