Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The dreaded three day weekend strikes again!

I was planning to have a review for Battle for the Cowl #3 here tonight(along with reviews for some other really good comics), but due to this past Monday being Memorial Day the mail seems to be off by a day. So, basically I don't really have any new comic reviews to post. I'll probably try to catch up on a few books, I've still got a HUGE pile of Marvel books that have come in the mail these past few months that I just haven't gotten around to reading yet. I guess I'll spend the rest of the night getting caught up with "Wolverine: Origins" or "X-Men". Before I get to those books though, here are a few random thoughts on relatively unimportant stuff!

My favorite online comic shop is having a sale where all post-1981 comics are 10% off, which makes me want to start spending money frivolously. However, I'd much rather buy a new video game for the summer. I'm leaning towards finally getting DC vs. Mortal Kombat, although UFC Unleashed and Infamous look pretty good as well. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is also on my radar, but I'm not sure that game has enough replay value to plunk down the $60 for it.

I watched the most recent episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold tonight, and I have to say that I was not impressed... This episode saw Bats teaming up with Robin(Dick Grayson)to take on Crazy Quilt... Yes, Crazy Quilt. Come on, if you're going to pick a villain with a vendetta against Dick why not choose someone like Two Face? I mean Crazy Quilt??? Really?!? I'll admit I was a fan of this show early on, but the last several episodes have been pretty bad. The more I watch the Brave and the Bold, the more I wish I was watching Batman: The Animated Series.

Well, I really don't have all that much more to add tonight. I'll probably hop over to my other blog and post a few comic pics before signing off for the night. With any luck I'll have finally read Battle for the Cowl #3 by tomorrow night and I'm sure I'll have a lot to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment