Monday, May 25, 2009

Battle for the Cowl: The Underground #1

Much to my shock and dismay, this comic was written by my sworn enemy, Chris Yost... If I had known that, I never would have purchased this book. I thought Yost was Joe Quesada's boy, what the hell is he doing writing for DC??? Since I truly abhor anything written by Yost, I can't be expected to give a proper review. Basically I just looked at the pictures in this comic, so I'll very briefly describe what I saw.

-Penguin spoke to the Riddler about something, Catwoman tried to attack Two-Face, but to no avail, Poison Ivy and Killer Moth had a conversation and Catwoman beat up Killer Moth before he flew away. Riddler winds up picking up Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy for some reason, and Catwoman runs into evil Batman and gets tossed off a rooftop by him. This comic ends with Riddler, Ivy and Quinn happening across Catwoman's body.

Well, I'll be damned! Yost managed to refrain from killing off any children in this comic! Break out the party hats and streamers!!! I guess Yost only hates mutant children or something... Since I figured Yost and Joe Q were attached at the hip, I thought I could buy DC comics without really having to check the writer... My mistake. Next time I'll be way more careful with my comic book purchases. Mark my words, this is the LAST time you'll ever find a Yost penned comic book review on this blog. Since I didn't really read this comic, I can't give it a score.

No comments:

Post a Comment