Friday, May 29, 2009

Action Comics #855-857

I honestly wasn't planning to devote a post to these comics, but I couldn't help it. These three comics encompassed the storyline, "Escape from Bizarro World", and were written by the team of Geoff Johns and Richard Donner.

-Basically this storyline had to do with Bizarro kidnapping Superman's father and bringing him to Bizarro World. Supes follows and hilarity ensues. In the end, Bizarro becomes the premiere hero on Bizarro World and Supes brings his father back to Earth.

Yeah, I know, that's not much of a review, but like I said, I really didn't intend on doing a write-up of these comics. The only reason this post even exists is so I can state the following: THAT STORY WAS HILARIOUS!!! I'll occasionally laugh aloud as I'm reading a comic book, but this storyline had me laughing so hard my frigging eyes were watering! Where do even begin?!? The dialogue in these comics was inspired! I loved the way the Bizarro's spoke, and the visuals were also insanely funny. Jimmy Olson's Bizarro constantly flashing its camera in its own face, the way Bizarro Lois was just a bit smarter than the other Bizarros, Bizarro Lex showing up with the "worstest plan" to defeat Bizarro, the way the Bizarro's referred to Supes as "Bizarro's Bizarro", it was all so perfectly done! I loved when Superman attacked Bizarro in his secret identity, and Bizarro explained to Superman something along the lines of, "Me am in me secret identity.". The serious way Bizarro explained that to Superman was just so perfect! The end with the appearance of Bizarro Brainiac was like the icing on the cake. I could literally go on and on about this storyline, so if I don't stop now, I'll never get to the other comics I plan on reviewing tonight. For a score, I HAVE to give this storyline a perfect 10 out of 10. These issues are EASILY among my favorite comics ever. I can't recommend these three comics strongly enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment