Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Comic Day! December 29th edition.

Howdy X-Maniacs, it's Wednesday, which means it's time for another installment of New Comic Day! And that's about the end of the excitement for this week's post... This was a VERY light week comic-wise for me, possibly one of the lightest weeks since I've been doing these posts. Before I get to the comics I picked up at the comic book store this week(or lack thereof...), let's take a quick look back at last week... During last week's NCD post, I promised 12 new reviews over the course of this past week, and I managed a respectable 13, topping my prediction, so bully for me! Last week's Pick of the Litter was Fantastic Four #586, and it didn't disappoint. As for last week's Runt of the Litter... Well I haven't read it yet, so who knows if it lived down to my expectations. I'll probably find out tonight.

There we go, that takes care of last week, let's take a peek at what I picked up this week... Avengers #8, Detective Comics #872, SHIELD #5, Teen Titans #90, Widowmaker #2, Batman: The Dark Knight #1, and What If? #200... That gives me a grand total of 7 comics... Ugh. And I can't read SHIELD yet since I'm waiting for that mini-series to conclude before giving it a read, so it's more like 6 comics, which means I can very confidently guarantee 6 new reviews over the course of this week. Granted, I do have a pretty decent amount of subscription comics coming in the mail this week, but who knows when those will get here... Oh well. This week's Pick of the Litter is going to have to be What If? #200, mainly based on the fact that there's a new Stan Lee penned story inside. There really isn't a Runt of the Litter this week... I'm expecting relatively good things from all of these books, so I'm not dreading any of them, meaning there is NO Runt! Well, instead of ending the post here, I'm going to throw in some bonus material since I haven't done a Best of the Rest post in a few weeks.

Terrible Titans Together!
Over the course of the past week I finished reading an Avengers trade paperback about Kang called “Time and Time Again”. It was... okay. I'd give it about a 6 or so overall. I also read a few random back issues, but none of them really left an impact on me. And then I started reading that Titans series from the late 90's... And boy do I wish I hadn't! It's been about as bad as I had been warned! I'm about 9 issues in, and I'm already looking forward to the end, which is still a good 40 issues away! Maybe it'll get better, right? Hopefully???

The Random Scan of the Week!Might as well finish this post right, with a Random Scan! This week we have a scene that had me laughing like a maniac because of how absurd the whole thing is... Love that Joker! Okay, that's it for now, see you guys Saturday with the third annual X Year End Awards, until then, X out!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the Batman: the Dark Knight review. Did you skip Flash #8, or is that a subscription comic?

    Glad to hear the Titans series is universally despised. You're a dedicated reader for sticking with it.

    Oh, I was meaning to ask, what did you think of "Prime Elements"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As of last issue, my subscription to the Flash series was up, and I will NOT be buying any more Flash comics for as long as Saint Barry is the lead character in that book. This is one of those VERY rare occasions where I'm actually dropping a title. I just can't stand it anymore... I am done with the Flash.

    Ugh, those first few issues of that Titans series were like torture! But, I will TRY to finish it... Don't know if I'll make it or not, but I'll give it my all.

    I haven't read it yet, although with how bad those Titans are, maybe I should pick that up instead!

    ReplyDelete