Sunday, April 26, 2009

Where's the reviews?

OK, I'll admit I've been getting kind of lackluster with the reviews as of late... One of the reasons is the fact that I've been reading a lot of older comics, and I really haven't felt like typing up reviews for them. What can I say. Until the end of the school year comes, I'm going to be kind of lazy. For the record I've been reading through the current "Wonder Woman" series which has only been OK. I was expecting a bit more, although the current storyline has been really good, as well as the current "Booster Gold" series, which has been better than I thought it would be.

Along with those series, tonight I plan on reading some older issues of "DC Showcase", which have some stories written by James Robinson starring the Shade. I'm really looking forward to reading these stories because anybody who knows me knows of my affection for the Shade. Besides that, my sister has given me a few issues of "The Authority" from Wildstorm Comics, along with a very high recommendation. I have to admit I wasn't really planning on starting The Authority, but upon looking over a few covers I was surprised to see names like Warren Ellis and Mark Millar adorning the covers. I'm not really sure what these books are about, but once I get the chance I'll probably give them a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment