Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New Comic Day! May 1st edition

Oh, hey!  X here to start up another New Comic Day post!  Huzzah!  It's the beginning of May, and before long we'll be in the midst of a hot summer.  Speaking of hot(holy segue, Batman!), here's hoping I'll be picking up a few hot books from the comic shop!  Let's take a look...  Hypernaturals #11, Stormwatch #20, Age of Ultron #7, All-New X-Men #11, Hawkeye #10, Indestructible Hulk #7, Iron Man #9, Superior Spider-Man #9, Thanos Rising #2, Ultimate X-Men #26, X-Factor #255.  11 books for me.  That's right where I like to be too.  So kudos for me!  I'll be reviewing Age of Ultron #7 on Thursday, and Hawkeye #10 on Saturday.  Everything else will be dumped in the weekly Best of the Rest post on Monday.  As for Tuesday, I'll be putting up a Throwback review.  Probably involving arrows...  And that's it.  Now I'll tag out to that JT guy and give you all a hearty X out.

Hey everyone, Happy May and all that stuff! JT here with my half of the New Comic Day post. This is is usually where I'd stall for a bit, but who needs that? I plan on picking up Detective Comics #20, Earth 2 #12, Green Arrow #20 (may be my last issue), Age of Ultron #7, All New X-Men #11, Hawkeye #10, Indestructible Hulk #7, Iron Man #9, Superior Spider-Man #9, Thanos Rising #2, and Shadowman #0. Of those books you can expect for me to review Superior Spider-Man and All New X-Men on Friday and Sunday respectively. I'll probably review a few of my remaining books in the Best of the Rest post as well. So that's it for me, X and this post, til next time, this is JT, signing off!

11 comments:

  1. Comic book day is here! Well technically over since it's going on 2 AM but I'm excited!!! I am caught up, reading stuff from this week! Wouldn't you guys be surprised Lol.

    So I am definitely looking forward to reviews this week. ESPECIALLY Superior Spider-Man. I freaking love that comic. Also looking forward to reviews from you guys on: All New X-Men, Hawkeye [I'll be playing catch up with this series since JT really wants me to read it and I'm almost done with Iron Man Extremis] Indestructable Hulk, Thanos [love this comic] Earth 2 from the handsome Mr. JT, and Detective.

    Happy readings you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear what you thought about "Superior Spider-Man" #9, JT. Also, are you still reading "New Avengers?" I think I'm done after issue #5. Hickman's too obviously writing for the trade and I just can't handle that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisha! I've already read a few of those comics, and I have to say, Superior was BY FAR the best of the bunch. If I was reviewing it, I'd have given it a 10 out of 10. I liked it that much. Hawkeye... This one wasn't one of my favs... Same with Hulk. Thanos was pretty good though.

    I'm really curious to see what you thought about Superior, JW. I get the feeling our feelings on that one are gonna be on opposite sides of the spectrum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I managed to get a few read today. Feels damned good being caught up. And wasn't Superior great! Like man I LOVED it. Haven't got to Hulk yet but Thanos was REALLY good. JT told me about you guys thoughts on this female character that's been by his side. I'm anxious to see if it's true.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Lisha :D I;ll probably review Earth 2, Detective Comics and something else for the BOTR post on Monday. :)

    JW - I'm actually about to type my review for Superior for Tomorrow in a few minutes, I'm interested in what you guys thought though. And Yeah, Im still following New Avengers, for now anyway.

    X - You suck. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, now what did I do??

      Delete
    2. Nothing at all. Just wanted you to know that.

      Delete
    3. No problem babes. I'm curious as to what your thoughts were about Earth 2. I almost feel like I need to re-read that. Was too busy dozing off to sleep on the porch yesterday, lol.

      Delete
  5. I actually liked it! I have some reservations about how everything went down, exactly, but I'm happy with where we are. (We'll see how long that lasts, but there you go.)

    ReplyDelete