Thursday, May 2, 2013

Age of Ultron #7

And it's time to muddle through another issue of Age of Ultron...  Yay...  You can feel my enthusiasm, can't you?  So yeah, if I know my Bendis(and after reading his work for years now, I should say I do!), this should be an epic train wreck.  Let's get this ride over with...

Age of Ultron #7: 

Summary: Wolverine and Sue head back to the present and find out it's changed.  Naturally.  So the world seems to have just had some sort of confrontation with the Skrulls...  A Bendis favorite.  Wolvie and Sue find this out the hard way when they are attacked by the Defenders, who figure the two are really dumb Skrulls.  We get a fight and the Defenders emerge victorious.  This issue closes with Tony Stark and an army of Iron Men heading over to see what the ruckus was all about.

Thoughts: Meh.  Honestly, I think I'm past done with this whole "event" by now.  Seriously, I'm just completely uninterested.  I'm not going to bother pointing out all of the faults and stuff that made no sense, I'm not gonna put on a fake smile and act like this was a good comic.  It wasn't.  It was your typical Bendis event.  And if you've read one of those, you've read them all.  It was boring, nonsensical and splashy.  And this will be it for me.  I'm gonna see if I can hand the Age of Ultron reviewing duties to my compadre, JT.  Maybe he'll have some fun(negative or positive) with the rest of this story.  Me?  I just don't care.

Score: 5 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA. I said almost exactly the same thing. You can tell that Bendis wants us to be SHOCKED that we simply switched out Ultron for Tony. Can we invoke "Blackest Night" rules for the rest of this?

    ReplyDelete