Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Comic Day! May 8th edition

Hey Guys and Gals, Happy Comic Day! As of the time this goes live, I should just be walking out of the movie theater after seeing Iron Man 3, which I'm hoping is awesome. So, while that has nothing to do with this, I used it as a buffer to make the beginning of this seem more like an intro until I stalled long enough to tell you guys what books I decided to pick up. See how well that worked? Anyway, I plan on picking up Batman #20, Batman and Red Hood #20 (Hell...yeah.), Smallville Season 11 #13, Walking Dead #110, Alpha: Big Time #4, Avenging Spider-Man #20, Thor: God of Thunder #8, Uncanny Avengers #8, Uncanny X-Force #4, and Wolverine #3. So with a total of ten comics this week, expect single reviews for Batman and either Batman and Red Hood or Avenging Spider-Man, as well as Best of the Rest reviews for the one I don't pick, Wolverine, and maybe some other stuff. Well, that's it for me, I'll pass things over to my cohort, X, til Friday, this is JT, signing off!

As astutely pointed out by my crony, JT, I am indeed X!  And this is indeed the New Comic Day post!  Sounds like JT has himself a nice day lined up...  What with seeing Iron Man and getting new comics and all...  It sure would be nice if JT gave us his thoughts on Iron Man 3 in a post...  Yep, that would sure be nice indeed...  *ahem*  Anyway, here are the books I'll be snagging today: Batman #20, Superboy #20, Walking Dead #110, Alpha: Big Time #4, Avenging Spider-Man #20, Secret Avengers #4, Thor: God of Thunder #8, Ultimates #24, Uncanny Avengers #8.  That gives me 9 books?!  What the hell?!?  I can't remember the last time my haul from the comic shop was under 10!  Huh...  Maybe I'll snag Batman and Red Hood #20 if I see it, just to get to 10...  I'll definitely be reviewing Uncanny Avengers #8 for Thursday, and probably Alpha: Big Time #4 on Saturday, because Alpha is the greatest comic book hero of all time.  As for the rest?  You know the drill, they'll be in the BotR post on Monday.  Oh, and JT should have some retro Bat goodness on Tuesday for us.  And that's it for me.  Until next time, X out.

3 comments:

  1. We have to talk about "Batman and Red Hood."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Iron Man 3 last night...and it was a colossal bust. Very disappointed in the comic press, who, after reading their reviews, all seem to want to make excuses for this movie. It was by far the worst Marvel Studios movie IMO.

    Here's what was good though: Downey Jr. as Tony Stark [never gets old], a lot of the humor, the final battle.

    The bad: the plot - all of it, the characterization for pretty much all of the supporting characters, the depiction of the armors (made them seem a lot weaker than they should be), the ending [BARF!].

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I must say, it was definitely a big week for us lol. Looking forward to getting some reading time in. I'm looking forward to all reviews with the exception of Alpha, Superboy, Ultimates and Secret Avengers.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete