Friday, October 22, 2010

Deadpool #28

Overall: This issue kicks off with us learning that the Secret Avengers Deadpool hooked up with last issue actually weren't the Secret Avengers at all, but a bunch of imperfect clones created by Dr. Bong. Of course, poor Wade is none the wiser. After some shenanigans where the fake Steve Rogers makes enemies with Deadpool, the real Secret Avengers arrive at Bong's base and prepare to attack. Bong orders his Secret Avengers to meet the real Secret Avengers, but being imperfect copies, they refuse because they're terrified of fighting their counterparts(HA!). However, Deadpool goes after the real Steve Rogers after mistaking him for the fake Rogers, and the two beat the hell out of each other. After a while Moon Knight arrives on the scene and Steve decides to try to talk to Deadpool as opposed to engaging in useless fisticuffs. Bong, realizing his plans were undone, decides to literally bring the house down, destroying his base, with Deadpool and the real Secret Avengers still trapped inside.

God help me, I loved this story! I mean what more could you want in a Deadpool comic than a villain named Dr. Bong, who wears a giant bell on his HEAD! Just allow that visual to set in for a moment... He wears a giant bell on his head!!! What could be better?! *sigh* Besides the undisputed awesomeness that is Dr. Bong, the story was a fun little DP romp. Sure, once we discovered that the Secret Avengers that were with Deadpool were fake you could smell Deadpool vs the real Secret Avengers coming from a mile away, but even still, this was a fun comic that I had no real complaints about.

Score: 8 1/2 out of 10.He has a giant bell for a head!!! Best villain EVER!!!

17 comments:

  1. I don't know what's better about Doctor Bong, the fact he has a bell as a head or the fact he's an actual Doctor that was Deadpool's psychiatrist.

    This was a great issue, I think this one and the one with Ghost Rider are two of my favorites because we really get to break away the comedy walls and see the real Wade Wilson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The panel where Deadpool was laying on the couch and Dr. Bong(in FULL super-villain attire!)is jotting down notes had me rolling! I can guarantee you that panel makes its way onto this blog sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol right? I found that hilarious, like why would you ever tell your innermost feelings to a guy in a villain costume?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scene was awesome... I've GOT to dig that comic back out and scan that.

    And it's not like he was sitting there in an awesome villain costume like say, Dr. Doom or something, he's got a giant fudging bell on his head!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lmao. He has a BELL on his head and his name is DOCTOR BONG. How do you even come up with that?! And we know nothing about the guy yet he's probably my favorite Deadpool villain after one appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, it's just all so awesome! It's like the dumbest gimmick ever! Dr. BONG... I HOPE he becomes a reoccuring DP foe, 'cause his look makes me laugh every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, right? I'm also hoping he becomes recurring, I also wanna know his outrageously absurd backstory. I bet he's worn the mask his entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! A Dr. Bong backstory is DEFINITELY a must! I can already picture him as a bullied child with a little bell on his head... Daniel Way, PLEASE make this happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol then one day someone cracks his head, liberty bell style. And that person, was a kid version of Deadpool, just because. That'd be so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And from that moment forward Bong hated all of humanity and was biding his time to get his ultimate revenge on Deadpool... Yeah, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Doctor Bong, you sick and twisted fiend!!!! How dare you steal all the bells in the world and use them to make a cloning machine?! Also, how is that possible?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's part of what's so funny about this whole situation... How did Dr. Bong, who seems to be nothing more than a psychiatrist with a bell on his head, manage to clone Moon Knight, Black Widow and Steve Fudging Rogers?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol exactly! How does he, a psychologist/psychiatrist (?) have the ability to make PERFECT clones with the only flaw being their afraid to face their real counterparts?!

    Also, what did Deadpool do to annoy him so much, did he drive him insane by releasing his thoughts? But he couldn't since he was already crazy enough to wear a friggin bell on his head!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "But he couldn't since he was already crazy enough to wear a friggin bell on his head!" HA!!! Exactly! He couldn't have been wrapped that tight if he was wearing a frigging bell on his head BEFORE he met DP! Maybe he was annoyed because DP was crazier than he was... Who knows, and who cares, so long as we kep getting more Dr. Bong! :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol exactly. I'm wondering what'll happen next, and if they'll address the whole love thing with Deadpool and Black Widow, especially since she's with Steve right?

    Doc Bong = best Deadpool villain in ages. Yeah, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Close, she's with the OTHER Captain America, Bucky.

    "Doc Bong = best Deadpool villain in ages. Yeah, I said it." I wholeheartedly agree with you. There, I said THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, well you're right, I WAS Close! Bucky, Cap, I'm sure their the same in the dark to her....lmao.

    Haha, well I think you're copying me, there I said THAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete