Wednesday, November 14, 2012

New Comic Day! November 14th edition.

Hey all, X here to take the lead in this week's New Comic Day post!  Looking at what is getting released today, I have to say, this week SHOULD be interesting.  So what should I end up picking up at the comic shop in a few?  Let's take a look!  Batman #14, Grifter #14, Superboy #14, Team 7 #2, Invincible #97, Saga #7, Walking Dead #104, All New X-Men #1, Amazing Spider-Man #697, Fantastic Four #1, Thor: God of Thunder #1, Ultimates #18, Venom #27.  That comes out to a perfect 13 comics this week, which is, as I've said, repeatedly, my ideal number of comics in a given week.  Now, due to JT tricking me, he got to choose which three comics he wanted to review first(usually it's the guy who types up the NCD post who gets first dibs), so yeah, JT made sure to take the best books...  Because he's a jerk.  But instead of stating the obvious, here are the three books I'll be reviewing; Amazing Spider-Man #697, Walking Dead #104 and Thor: God of Thunder #1.  My review days are Friday, Sunday and Tuesday. And that'll do it for your friendly neighborhood X, over to JT.  X out.

Hey Todd Squad, JT here after a gracious tag in from my old pal X. Like X said, this is a pretty big week for comics and I was able to tear myself away from Call of Duty: Black Ops II long enough to pick up my weekly haul. Here's what I ended up picking up, Batman #14, Batman and Robin #14, Invincible #97, Saga #7, Walking Dead #104, All New X-Men #1, Amazing Spider-Man #697, Thor: God of Thunder #1, and Venom #27. So with a grand total of eight books, and having screwed X out of first pick by being the most awesome dude to ever grace the planet, I plan on reviewing Batman #14. Batman and Robin #14 and All New X-Men #1, see, I'll even leave X ASM #697 as a show of good faith(X: Thanks, JT!  You're slightly less of a jerk now!). My review days this week are Thursday, Saturday and Monday, so you can expect to see those up then. So until tomorrow, this is JT, signing off.

7 comments:

  1. Hey X, can you please post some thoughts on Fantastic Four #1 after you read it? Doesn't have to be a full-blown review. I'm very curious to see what Matt Fraction can do on this series. I've never been a fan of the characters (except for Doom, and perhaps the Black Panther), but when Fraction is on, he's very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't post anything here at the blog, I'll definitely post something at the forum, TRobb. I'm still on the fence between reviewing Thor or FF, but regardless, I'll def have thoughts on both of them at the forum, probably before I even get a review up here at the blog.

      Delete
    2. Everyone's raving about thor, a book I was guaranteed to buy (Aaron+Ribic is about as a-list as it gets. For tht reason, I'd rather read your take on FF1. That being said, thanks for the info, I'll check the forum out this week for your thoughts.

      Delete
    3. I actually decided to do a full review of FF instead of Thor. But I have some quick thoughts about both at the forum, but yeah, the FF review is scheduled for... Tuesday I think... Tuesday or Sunday. I forgot which books I set for which days... :/

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only deleted this comment since it's such a major spoiler. Plus I haven't read the issue yet... :/ I'll put it back in a few days though.

      Delete
    2. i was just bs'ing about #104. bored at work and needed a quick laugh.

      Delete