Sunday, May 20, 2012

X-Factor #236

Ah, here's a series that's always good for at least a 7 1/2 for a score, X-Factor! Based on the last issue I kind of expect that trend to continue.

X-Factor #236:

Story Points:
-Shatterstar narrowly avoids getting killed by Scattershot.
-From there, the two fight some more and Shatterstar learns that Scattershot had come from Mojo's world and his actions were a part of a Mojoverse reality show.
-Shatterstar convinces Scattershot to fight him without weapons...
-In other words, Shatterstar promised not to use his weapons, while Scattershot did likewise...
-However, Shatterstar didn't promise not to use Scattershot's weapons, and ends up killing the villain with his own gun.
-And that's pretty much it.

Thoughts: First off, I liked the retro-ish cover... Yeah, that's neither here nor there, but there it is. As for this issue? I liked it. A lot. It focused almost solely on Star, which I'm just fine with. Yeah, there are like 50,000 characters on this team, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get an issue here and there that only focuses on one character. I liked the battle between Star and Shot, and liked the way Star outsmarted his bigger and stronger opponent. All in all? Good stuff here.

Score: 8 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. I like this issue a lot too! Though I felt it was a bit misleading in its description. It said that Star would be going berserk, but he seemed rather levelheaded to me. I was also a bit antsy about what was going on with Longshot. But that will probably be solved in the next one.

    I really liked how this one played out; it was like Mojo wanted Star to know that he hadn't escaped the reality world he was born in. He's still playing an active role in it despite his efforts to get away. I wonder what's he gonna do next.

    ReplyDelete