Thursday, May 24, 2012

Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth #1

This was one of those random pick-ups at the comic shop. See, now that I have a full-time job and have extra spending money, I can make random purchases that I normally wouldn't... Hmm, maybe that's not actually a good thing...

Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth #1:

Story Points:
-We have two stories here, the first one stars Titanium Man, Union Jack, Kangaroo and Sabra(I think that's all of them...).
-Basically, those aforementioned heroes are trying to prevent Doc Ock from launching his satellites into space.
-They all fail except for Union Jack(big surprise that...)
-And then there was a second story about Big Hero 6...
-The only thing I can say about that story is that it starred a mess of characters I could care less about and the story was literally unreadable... And yes, I know what “literally” means. I literally couldn't read that story, it might as well have been written in Cantonese...

Thoughts: Well, THIS was a waste of $4... This would teach a smarter individual to be more choosy with the comics he spur of the moment buys at the comic shop, but hey, I've got extra money, so I can afford to buy the occasional stinker, and that is exactly what this issue was... Unless you are the most die-hard of Union Jack fans, this is a comic that really should be skipped... Hell, I wouldn't even recommend reading it at the comic shop because it probably won't even lead to anything storywise going forward...

Score: 3 1/2 out of 10.

3 comments:

  1. Daaaammmmnnnn that was unexpected

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude, long time no see (in the cyber world). I totally agree with you on this one. I'm enjoying Ends of the Earth but this special was pointless. Union Jack was kinda cool, but not really enough to justify this whole issue. I was disappointed with the whole thing. I gave up halfway through the Big Hero Six stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul? Same here. The first story was passable, but that second story... Wow... Much like yourself, I just couldn't get through it. It became one of those instances where I tried reading it, gave up and just looked at the pictures. What a mess...

    ReplyDelete