Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Comic Day! May 30th edition.

Hey all, it's the MIA Vampire X here to welcome you all to the official New Comic Day post! Huzzah!! Seeing as that this is the fifth Wednesday of the month, I'm not really expecting to pick up very many comics at the comic book shop later on today. Well, let's see what I do plan on picking up when the sun sets and it's safe for me to travel... X-Men Legacy #267, Wolverine and the X-Men #11, Wolverine #307, New Mutants #43, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #39, America's Got Powers #2, Walking Dead #98, American Vampire #27, Batman Annual #1, Ravagers #1 & Astonishing X-Men #50. So 9 comic books, eh? With the past two weeks totaling in at over 40 books, it's about time I get an easy week!

This week's Pick of the Litter is... um, American Vampire #27, I guess... Nothing on that list is really jumping out at me... So yeah, let's go with that. On the other end of the spectrum, this week's Runt of the Litter is Wolverine and the X-Men #11. It was definitely going to be a book with the word “Wolverine” in the title, but my hatred of the non-Wolvie characters in WatXM overrides my hatred of the dumb story taking place in Wolverine, so WatXM gets the nod. As for my posting schedule this week? To be honest, I don't know when/if I'll do any reviews this week... I may do a post later on in the week with write-ups for all of the books I picked up this week, or I may not do any posts at all... Time will tell. On the plus side, JT has stepped up and said he'd do some reviews(probably for the two annuals), so there's that to look forward to. But for me? I just don't have that blogging fire back in my heart again. Yet. I'm sure it will come back in time, but right now it's just a dim flicker. But enough of that, as I stated, I should have something about this week's comics posted, probably by Monday. Until then? Vampire X out.

4 comments:

  1. What I read this week was nothing special. Legacy and WATXM were kind of nice because they gave us some background thought. I'll give WATXM some credit because it made Wolvie look more than the two-dimensional character that has played out this event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked WATXM this week we got some pretty good scenes.
    The only thing that ticked me off was Gladiator, I get that it's his son and he wants to save him from a firebirdy death but come on WHY AREN'T YOU ANNIHILATING! why are no alarm bells going off in the universe other than earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know what your going thru, im an Artist and i have only drawn a single complete drawing so far this year and it was just a small face portiat. it sucks when your fire for a hobby goes out :/
    hope your resta the week goes good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually thought WatXM was pretty good too, Jermox... It was definitely better than I expected it to be, and that's always a plus. On the flipside, I didn't enjoy Legacy as much as usual, but hey, since WatXM was pretty good, that's a win in my books!

    I know that feeling, Movieartman. I love to write(obviously!) but sometimes I just get kind of burnt out. Just by looking at the number of posts I do every month for the past few years you can always pinpoint when I get kind of burnt out by how the # of posts drops. I'll probably try to post something today, just to keep myself connected to the blog in some way, even if it's a really lame excuse for a post!

    ReplyDelete