Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ultimate X-Men #11

This series has been SO bizarre! There have been times when I've flat out wanted to drop it, while other times I've enjoyed it. As it is, this series is my lone link to the Ultimate Universe, so here's hoping it's good.

Ultimate X-Men #11:

Story Points:
-The Nimrod Sentinels attack Camp Angel.
-John Walker helps the mutant children(and Storm) escape from the Sentinels.
-With the Nimrod's being unstoppable and all, the president of the United States ceded control of the southwest to the Sentinels... Wait, what?!
-This one ends with the Sentinels creating a Mastermold Sentinel in the desert.
-Oh yeah one more thing, that Mastermold had better not be Stryker...

Thoughts: This comic FLEW along. There wasn't a slow moment, and the story just flowed from one page to the next. I can't say there was ever a moment when I was bored or anything. As for the story itself, it was pretty good... It wasn't great, and I'm curious to see where Nick Spencer is going here, but it WAS a good read, which is all I ask for.

Score: 8 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. I just read this issue last night! I thought it was pretty good. I just wish that awesome scene on the cover actually took place in the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I felt the same way about this one. It wasn't fantastic or anything, but it was pretty good. And it has me interested in getting the next issue, so there's that too!

    ReplyDelete