Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Scarlet Spider #5

After missing issues 2 & 3(I got 4 but didn't review it, or at least I don't think I did...), we're back and giving this series another try thanks mainly to JT, who just kept pestering me to pick this series back up... Emails, comments, chats, you name it, he just kept promoting this comic... JT, this issue had better be good, my friend!

Scarlet Spider #5:

Story Points:
-The Watchdogs, a hate-group, have placed a dirty bomb somewhere in Houston. It's up to Scarlet Spider and his cop friend(whose name I'm blanking on...) to find and disarm the bomb.
-Kaine contemplates simply leaving the city, as that's the easiest thing to do, but ultimately decides on the heroic course of action and decides to stay and help.
-Kaine uses his spider-power(and I mean that literally, as he can “see” through the eyes of spiders...) to locate the bomb.
-Kaine and his cop friend find the bomb, but it's a few minutes from detonation, which wouldn't give the bomb squad enough time to arrive and defuse it.
-With 5 seconds left, and nothing to lose, Kaine simply tears out ALL of the wires in the bomb, defusing it... HA!

Thoughts: You know... There was a part of me that expected that bomb to go off, if nothing else then to add to writer Chris Yost's already impressive comic book body count... I swear, that man has killed more comic book characters than the Joker! Seriously though, this was another(in a long line) of good comics I've lucked into reading this week. I liked Kaine's thought process, as he's still not quite the complete hero like Peter, but he's getting there as evidenced by this issue. It would have been easy for him to gather his friends and vacate the city, but he didn't, which is the important thing. So yeah, so far I'm happy I started collecting this series again... Nice job, JT!

Score: 8 1/2 out of 10.

13 comments:

  1. Haha, I don't even mind that you made it seem like I shilled Scarlet Spidey like some kinda Marvel Executive, but you enjoyed it so that's all that matters, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! You DID shill it like a MArvel exec! How much are they paying you, JT?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I make ten cent for every Marvel comic you buy, which means clearly, I'll be rich by November considering how many comics you buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DAMN! Forget about November, you'll be rich by July! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, in that case, I should add more scratch to my bank account by asking you if you plan on picking up the issues you missed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I will... I just can't help myself... :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well in this case that's a good thing because those were very good issues...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you're just saying that to make more money from Marvel... I'm on to you now, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The worst part is you know and you're still gonna make me rich now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, I totally alluded to you thinking that Yost would explode the bomb in my review!

    The scary thing is that the earlier issues, as JT said, are even better than this one. Get them! Make JT money!

    ReplyDelete
  12. See, this man is smart! Listen to him and make me rich, I mean, buy those comics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA! It does fit Yost's MO... Then his body count could have been even higher! :D

    Bah, we all know you're already rich from my insane comic spending JT... Now you're just being greedy!

    ReplyDelete