Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wolverine and the X-Men #10

Hey look, it's last week's Runt of the Litter! I'm expecting nothing from this issue, so here's hoping it surprises me... In a good way!

Wolverine and the X-Men #10(AvX x-over issue):

Story Points:
-Wolverine returns to his school after the initial skirmish with the Brotherhood on Crazy Mutie Island.
-Lord Summers and the rest of the Brotherhood soon arrive at the school and Lord Summers assures Wolvie that he only wanted to talk.
-While strolling through the school grounds, the two discuss who had the better idea for the X-Men...
-As well as the destructive/healing attributes of Phoenix Force...
-In the end, neither man budges from their stance.
-With that, Lord Summers and the Brotherhood leave.
-This one ends with the Shi'ar Death Commandos arriving on Earth to kill Hope before the Phoenix arrived.

Thoughts: Well, if you love debates, then THIS was the AvX comic for YOU!! I'm not really sure why I gave this comic the score I did... I'm typing this post up about 4 days after I read this issue, and it doesn't seem to deserve the score I gave it... Maybe I was sleep-deprived or temporarily insane or something after I put this one down... Regardless, I seemed to think this comic wasn't that bad(four days ago). Looking back though, I don't see what I found so interesting about it... I don't know, maybe I'm forgetting something awesome that I really enjoyed. Or maybe I secretly love debates... Who knows.

Score: 6 1/2 out of 10.

5 comments:

  1. SO...MUCH...TALKING...

    I felt like it would've been better if Aaron had taken out the Angel/Genesis sub-plot and just focused on Logan and Scott's "chat" and, to a lesser extent, Bobby and Rachel's defection. By trying to cram all that into this issue, he didn't really have time to portray the characters as anything other than pieces that he was moving across the board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "SO...MUCH...TALKING..." RIGHT!? I thought that was supposed to be Bendis's MO! :D And the end result was nothing! I'd have actually preferred it if we looked more at the other characters(the Bobbys, Rachels and Angels of the world), because the end of Scott and Wolvie's conversation was never in doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call. We all knew Logan and Scott wouldn't hug it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although that would have been kind of hilarious to see...

    ReplyDelete
  5. x men 3 wolverine leather jacket


    It's so much fun and excitement watching x men 3 and iam the big fan of wolverine

    ReplyDelete