Monday, May 14, 2012

Avenging Spider-Man #7

Last issue was the first issue of this series I picked up, but since it was a part of a crossover with Daredevil and Punisher, it didn't give me a real feel for this series... This issue should go a long way in telling me if I made a good choice adding this one to my pull list.

Avenging Spider-Man #7:

Story Points:
-Spidey and She-Hulk take down some sort of menace, and not a moment too soon, as Shulkie has a gala to attend at a museum about some Egyptian artifact.
-Spidey really wants to go, seeing as that he's an Egyptophile(I wonder if I made that word up...), but Shulkie shoots him down, since Spidey is, you know, really annoying.
-Shulkie heads to the museum and Spidey angrily follows(stalker...), spotting some mysterious cloaked women entering. Naturally, Spidey enters the building to investigate.
-The women sneak into a room with an artifact and are confronted by Spidey and Shulkie, who defeat the women with ease.
-Upon touching the artifact, Shulkie grows a tail(...) and cats all come rushing into the museum(...).
-A giant Egyptian god appears and demands that Shulkie does it's bidding. Spidey saves the day by pretending to be the herald to a different Egyptian god, stating that Shulkie was working for that god, and that the planet was well in hand.
-With that, the Egyptian god, the cats, and yes, Shulkie's tail disappear.

Thoughts: I liked this issue. It was a good, fun little read. It didn't take a ton of thought, and it was what you'd want/expect out of a She-Hulk/Spider-Man team-up, good, dumb fun. This issue fit that bill perfectly, and as such, I'm one happy vampire.

Score: 8 out of 10.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! i didnt expect you to like this one, but yeah this was a good fun read

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a good fun read... Seriously, I can't ask for much more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda shocked you liked this one, I didn't enjoy it too much, She-Hulk was way more confrontational than I remembered, but the good news is if you liked this you're gonna enjoy the Hawkeye and Cap issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She-Hulk can be kind of confrontational at times... I mean she IS a lawyer, JT! :P I keep forgetting to pick up those two comics... I'm thinking I'll see the first trade in the comic shop one day and I'll just get it instead of the loose issues.

    ReplyDelete