Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Uncanny X-Force #22

Two reviews to close the week out(finally!). It was going to be three reviews, but I just can't bring myself to read Green Lantern: New Guardians #6... Not even the prospect of using Brightest Day Rules has me interested in cracking that comic open... However, since the upcoming comic week looks to be VERY light, I'll probably read and review GL:NG sometime during the coming week. Probably... Anyway, let's polish off the final books in this week's new comic pile!

Uncanny X-Force #22:

Summary: Nightcrawler manages to shame Wolverine into assisting the citizens of Otherworld against the Goat-headed Guy. While Wolvie and Deadpool are hunting down Goat Guy(with Nightcrawler and Meggan standing guard over their exit), Psylocke is preparing to ferry the rapidly healing Fantomex to the portal back to Earth. Before they reach the portal though, they are stopped by some skinless villain named Weapon III. Apparently Fantomex screwed Weapon III over some years ago and Weapon III became stranded in Otherworld. Needless to say, Weapon III was intent on getting revenge against Fantomex and Psylocke, since it was her father who sentenced him to having his skin torn off... Huh. Back with Wolvie and Pool, they wind up getting attacked by Goat Guy. This issue ends with Weapon III cutting Fantomex's face off in retribution for having lost his own skin.

Thoughts: This issue wasn't that bad! It stayed away from Captain Britain, his idiot brother and that annoying Captain Britain Corps and focused more on Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Deadpool, as well as Psylocke and Fantomex. The parts with Psylocke and Fantomex in particular were well done. Could I have done without Goat Guy and Otherworld? Hell yes! But considering how terrible the past two issues of this storyline have been, this issue was miles better, and that makes me one happy comic fan.

Score: 7 out of 10.
uncanny x-force #22
Give me more of this and less of Capt. Britain and I'll be VERY happy!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad they put some weapon X stuff into here.
    And i genuinely feel bad for weapon III I mean wouldn't you be pissed if someone dumped you in Otherworld for any reason?
    Anyway fantomex used his skin to make awesome living bullets that he used in earlier issues if you recall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Weapon III had every reason in the world to be pissed at both Fantomex AND Psylocke(since it was her father who seems to have had his skin removed) in this one. I'd have definitely preferred it if we just got a straight up Fantomex & Psylocke vs Weapon III storyline, without all of the stuff with Otherworld and the CBC thrown in. On the plus side, at least I have something to look forward to next issue! I'll be skipping over the Otherworld junk and heading right to the Fantomex/Psylocke story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno... maybe my brain is just trying to justify the misery that we're being put through with this otherworld stuff but when the goat walked into wolverine+guys a little voice went off in my head saying "It's a trap!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing I only ask for..... Please no Fantomex, Psylocke dating thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantomex and Psylocke dating would seem so wrong... I mean I COULD see it, especially with the way things have been going here, but I just can't see Fantomex actually taking Psylocke out on a date or something...

    ReplyDelete