Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Comic Day! February 29th edition

Okay, here's the REAL New Comic Day post, complete with customary, “Huzzah!!” For those who don't know what I picked up today, here's a quick listing... Invincible #89, Amazing Spider-Man #680, Avengers #23, Ultimate X-Men #8, Venom #13.4. Yes, that's right, this isn't a dream, nor did I forget to list a bunch of books, I only came home with 5 new comics this week... I feel like I'm 12 years old again and all I can afford are 5 books... Well, I have to say this much, this week's Pick and Runt of the Litter is sure as hell going to be easy to choose! Our Pick this week is Invincible #89... Why? Because out of the 5 books I picked up that's the one I'm most interested in reading due to the strong cliffhanger last issue. This week's Runt is a no-brainer, it has to be Avengers #23. Why the comic gods decided to punish me by dropping an issue of this series, with this storyline on such a short week is a mystery to me... Do I not worship at your alter enough, O Mighty Comic Gods?!? Do I not spend hundreds of dollars dedicated to you?!? Why do you torment me so?!? So yeah, there you have it. With so few books, I honestly have no idea what this week's posting schedule is going to look like... I'll probably post two reviews for three nights(I'll add Green Lantern New Guardians #6 from last week to make this an even number), but then? I'm not sure what I'll do... Maybe some Retro-Reviews, maybe some random scans, or maybe I'll try to come up with some sort of collaboration with JT... We shall see. But that's for later this week. For tonight, expect a review for at least Invincible, and probably Ultimate X-Men #8 later on. Until then? X out.

4 comments:

  1. Hell must be freezing over!!!! Five books for the X Man!!! I know you are LOVING it lol. Especially via the pockets lol. what are you going to do with all this free time!?! Whatever you do I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

    And what am I saying, I only walked away with one comic, yes ONE! lol. Considering I'm about 2 weeks behind, I'll be using that time to play catch up lol.

    Have fun reading hun!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey X, this may seem random but what is your opinion on the Avengers Vs X-Men event coming up? Based upon the sneak peek I read it seems kinda interesting plus John Romita Jr. is the artist so in my book thats a good thing. If you are excited what team are you going for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read your Venom review. It is pretty much the "bash on new Ghost Rider" issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm thinking the same way, Lisha. I figure I'll be able to get a review for Flash #7 typed up and done, as well as do a review for New Guardians #6 since I have so few books. I may even type up a few other things just for the heck of it... Either that or I'll do a load of sleeping! I'm beginning to suspect they're trying to kill me at work! :P

    I'm REALLY looking forward to it, Megaman. If it's done right(and they have a lot of talent working on it) it could be the event to right the wrongs that were done at the end of the House of M event... Oh, and I am DEFINITELY on the Avengers side... Like 500%. I'm all for ANYBODY taking Lord Summers down a few notches!

    I LOVED the GR bashing in that issue, Jermox! It was like it was written specifically for me! :D

    ReplyDelete