Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Comic Day! February 15th edition

Hey there X-Maniacs, it's Wednesday, and as such, it's time for me to bust out another New Comic Day post! This is the third Wednesday of the month, meaning I'm probably going to be getting more than my preferred 13 comics... Let's see just how much I go over that number by... Batman #6, Hellblazer #288, Nightwing #6, Red Hood and the Outlaws #6, Supergirl #6, Amazing Spider-Man #679.1, Avengers #22, Daredevil #9, Fear Itself: The Fearless #9, Invincible Iron Man #513, Thunderbolts #170, Ultimate X-Men #7, Venom #13.2, Winter Solider #2, Wolverine #301, X-Factor #232... So 16 books this week... And you know what? I'm sad to say there are a lot of comics sitting in front of me that I'm not all that keen on reading. This week's Runt of the Litter is going to be a tough one to choose... Before we get to the Runt though, let's see which book is my Pick of the Litter, and will be the first comic I read this week... Hmm, that honor goes to Winter Soldier #2... It's either that or Batman, as the rest of the books I have are either books I'm not that excited for or am downright dreading. Now, the Runt of the Litter is WAY harder to choose this week... After some thought though, this week's Runt is, and it HURTS me to type this out, Nightwing #6. After the debacle that was the past two issues, I have ZERO confidence in this series. There were a lot of other books that were Runt-worthy, including Avengers, Venom, Wolverine, and Red Hood and the Outlaws. Since I have 16 books to review this week, I'll probably have 5 days of 2 reviews, and 2 days with 3 reviews... I have no idea which two days will get those extra reviews, it will basically depend on when I have myself some spare time. As for tonight, I'll definitely have reviews for Winter Soldier #2 and Batman #6 up, probably very late. And that's that. Until later on tonight, X out.

7 comments:

  1. 'It's either that or Batman, as the rest of the books I have are either books I'm not that excited for or am downright dreading' - Bit surprised at this to be honest, thought you'd be looking forward to X-Factor this week with the current universe-hopping story line.
    I am really looking forward to Batman this week, Snyder really showed us what he can do last issue, presenting Bruce Wayne's mental breakdown so intensely I had to read it twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I haven't been by the shop in like 3 weeks, I've got a lot of reading to do. Hey JT, what reviews can we look forward to from your pile?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What B-Guymer said. I think, a lot like me, that you have a tendency to forget you even have X-Factor until you come across it and say "Oh, I have an X-Factor issue".

    ReplyDelete
  4. To jermox: I can understand that, although fairly remotely, I'm ridiculously selective with my comics so I tend to know exactly what I'm getting as its not that many a week, and I do think X-Factor is such an excellent series it could never slip tot he back of my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comic Book Daaaaaay!!!

    Good old X has a whopping 16 comics this week. Not bad, but kind of sad you're not looking forward to reading many of them this week. Well, I'll definitely be looking foward to reviews from you for: Red Hood, Supergirl, Amazing Spider-Man (JT bascially forced me to read it lol) Venom and Winter Soldier.

    I hope you find some joy in reading this week. :)If not you may have some fun with some Brightest Day type reviewing lol.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, I totally blanked on X-Factor, like Jermox said... I mean it's probably one of the most consistent comics I read, it's just not the most spectacular comic I read. For the record, it's 5th in line to be read, so that shows how much I do look forward to reading it.

    I should have reviews for most of those comics up pretty early in the week, Lisha... Except for Venom, which I'm not that keen on reading... :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Trobb to answer you, I plan on reviewing Catwoman #6 as well as doing my weekly news post. I may also review Avenging Spider-Man (Which I lent Lisha) and Red Hood and the Outlaws depending on whether or not I agree with X's score for it.

    ReplyDelete