Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Comic Day! February 1st edition

Hey there X-Maniacs, X here to celebrate yet another new comic day, the first one with my friend/lackey JT as a part of the blog! :P So huzzah and all that jazz! From the looks of things, this should be a rather packed week here at the blog... How packed you ask? Well, let's take a peek into the old comic bag and see what I snagged this week! Irredeemable #34, Stormwatch #6, Fatale #2, Invincible #88, Amazing Spider-Man #679, Avengers Academy #25, Avengers: X-Sanction #3, Defenders #3, Fear Itself: The Fearless #8, Uncanny X-Force #21(AGAIN?!), Venom #13($3.99?!? WTF?!), WINTER SOLDIER #1(!!!!), X-Factor #231. So 13 books, which is the PERFECT number of books in a week for me.

This week's Pick of the Litter is pretty easy to call, and should be pretty obvious to all of you, seeing as that only one comic listed above is in all caps and was followed by four exclamation marks... Still can't figure it out? Huh... Well, it's Winter Soldier #1! Bucky Barnes' very own ongoing series! How frigging sweet is THAT?! So yeah, that's the first book I'll be reading and reviewing later on tonight. As for this week's Runt of the Litter... Hmm, there really aren't a lot of Runt-worthy books listed here... I'm tempted to go with Venom #13, even though I love the series, simply due to Marvel jacking up the cover price... But no, this week's Runt has to be Uncanny X-Force #21. Yes, I love this series and all, but I'm not enjoying the current storyline, and to be totally honest, I'm tired of reading a new issue of this series practically every week. Give my wallet a break, Marvel! Please!! Now, this week is kind of tricky... I have some personal stuff to deal with towards the end of the week, and with my Giants in the Super Bowl on Sunday, there's NO way I'll be posting ANYTHING that day... Hopefully JT can fill in for me or something, because I'll be absent for sure. I'll definitely be posting at least two reviews every night(except Sunday, as previously stated). Bottom line? I have NO idea what I'll be reviewing and when, except for tonight with Winter Soldier and Avengers Academy. Tomorrow will be Avengers: X-Sanction & Stormwatch, and then things start to get a bit foggy. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. And with ALL that out of the way, it's time for me to end this post. Until later, with those two reviews I mentioned, X out.

10 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you were going to rage about Venom :) Is the issue double-sized or something? Future issues are listed at $2.99 so I think it's just a 1 month deal.

    Marvel does seem to be whoring UXF out these days. The consequence for me is that I'll be less inclined to try out other books in the short term. Have to get caught up in UXF! Likely casualties include Wolverine, the Ultimate line, and the lower-rung x-books I'm curious about (Gischler's book, X-men Legacy, Wolverine: Alpha+Omega).

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw

    http://www.comicvine.com/news/marvel-announces-spider-men/144196/

    Soo hype if Ultimate Parker is coming back. One of my favorite characters (and universes) of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahem, Holy shit, Venom was 3.99?! I haven't gotten my books yet due to my car being crap so Lisha crabbed them and I'll get em Friday. And as your friend/lackey (you ass) I'll post something Sunday dude, no problem at all. I am looking forward to your Invincible review though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude venom is expensive cause the new crossover story is suuuper good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. Venom gets a .1,.2,.3, and a .4. They are really trying to milk the fans this month. It looks interesting but I keep thinking they wouldn't let Remender have Wolverine, Hulk, and the better Ghost Rider.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First....Venom #13($3.99?!? WTF?!) <---had I known that, I would've left it there. Lol.

    Well I guess this is the only comic besides Winter Soldier I'm looking forward too. Very short week for myself. I kind of feel lost lol. I managed to forget to grab Detective Comics AND Animal man...ahh crazy day.So now I have to go back Friday. That's what I get for being nice and making sure I had JT's comics. Should've left that expensive ass Venom and I would've been okay, lol.

    Hope you have a happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'm hoping the $4 issue of Venom was only THIS issue, and that the rest drop down to it's regular price... Because if all of the Venom books that drop this month are $4, I'm gonna get really cranky! That's exactly what happened to me, TRobb... Marvel double-shipping(and occasionally TRIPLE shipping)UXF is one of the main reasons I dropped all of the Ultimate Marvel books(except Ult. X-Men), along with so many other $4 Marvel books. So yeah, Marvel is getting my $4 for UXF, but losing it for several other titles... Huh, if that's the return of Ult. Peter, that death sure was fast!

    HA!! I knew I could count on my trustworthy lackey to pick up the slack for me! :P

    That is SO true, Jermox! This Venom storyline is like the parade of secondary characters!

    You should have just left all of JT's books behind and made sure you picked up all of your books first, Lisha! :D Then again, it was probably for the best that you didn't get Detective! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. "You should have just left all of JT's books behind and made sure you picked up all of your books first, Lisha!"

    I thought that when I immediately got home to read my comics, lol.

    "Then again, it was probably for the best that you didn't get Detective! :P"

    To be honest X, I've been kind of enjoying Det. Comics. Issue 5 was a lil meh but I've enjoyed it for the most part lol.

    Please don't judge me hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd never judge you, Lisha. I mean Detective is selling really well, so obviously there are a lot of folks out there who are enjoying it. I'm not one of them, but I'd never begrudge anybody who WAS enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete