Monday, February 6, 2012

Fear Itself: The Fearless #8

Happy Monday all! A VERY happy X here, still reveling in the Giants Super Bowl win last night. What an incredible game that was... Seriously, it was one of the better Super Bowl's I've seen, and I'm not just saying that as a Giants fan. Awesome game. But anyway, chances are you're not here to read about football, you're here to read about comic books! So let's get to that. First up today? Another week, another issue of the Fearless. Last issue gave us a shocking twist with Hellstrom apparently turning evil, let's see what that leads to this issue.

Fear Itself: The Fearless #8 (of 12):

Summary: Um, nothing much really happens in this issue... I'll do my best here, but expect this to be a rather brisk review... We learn how the DOA broke Sin out of custody after Fear Itself concluded, before heading to the present where the suddenly evil Daimon Hellstrom is checking out Sin's magical artifacts. He tries to get the point across that Sin needed his supernatural expertise, but soon discovers that several other dark magicians were trying to join up with Sin. Valkyrie sneaks onto Crazy Mutie Island(Utopia) and runs afoul Emma Frost. Emma tries to mind control Valkyrie into leaving, but Valkyrie is able to shake Emma's influence, grab the Serpent hammer the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants(the X-Men) had acquired(wait, what?!) and leave. However, before she can get clear of the island, she is confronted by Storm.

Thoughts: Yeah, and that was it. I don't know how what I wrote above managed to fill out an entire comic book, but somehow it did... Nothing really essential to this story happened here, we still don't know why Hellstrom turned for example, and this issue only set up the next issue which should feature Valkyrie against Storm and the Brotherhood... With that said, this wasn't a terrible comic, it was just an uninteresting one...

Score: 6 out of 10.
fear itself the fearless #8
Damn you, inexplicably evil Daimon!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Congrats for your team Victory, I heard it was heart-stopping.
    they scored at the end right?

    and for this comic, mm I dropped this series after issue 6, I was enjoying that I learned a bit of the Marvel U with each issue but I got bored of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would Cyclops have a hammer? I don't think they defeated Juggernaut and took his hammer and I don't see CA giving them one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Alien! That game had me on the edge of my seat! Yup, they scored with only 57 seconds left. And then had to make sure that the other team didn't score in those 57 seconds... It was REALLY nerve-wracking, especially since the other team had a chance to score with 5 seconds left! I can't blame you or dropping this series. It started off strong, but I think Marvel gave it too many issues... This issue for example was totally unnecessary. They probably could have finished this mini up in 8 issues or so.

    I honestly couldn't remember how Juggy was defeated, Jermox, and I didn't care to look back at my old books to find out... :P I remember Cain getting teleported away from Jugger-Colossus, and I honestly can't recall Lord Summers facing Cain again... Huh. I can't explain why the X-Men had a hammer...

    ReplyDelete