Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thief of Thieves #1

And now for something completely different! Here's a comic from Image that I know NOTHING about, save for the fact that it's a story by Robert Kirkman and is written by Nick Spencer... When I saw writers that good working together on the same comic, I could care less WHAT it was about, I just knew I wanted to read it. Now, let's see how my blind faith in those two gentlemen pay off for me.

Thief of Thieves #1:

Summary: In this comic we meet a thief named Redmond. It seems he's a fantastic thief, one of the best. We also meet Celia. Celia and Redmond met while Celia was trying to steal Redmond's car. Redmond takes pity on her and ends up teaching her how to properly steal a car. Redmond eventually takes Celia under his wing as his apprentice/assistant. From there we learn that Redmond had been trying to put together some sort of heist in Venice, a heist that he had other thieves invest in. This issue ends with Redmond telling the other thieves that he was quitting.

Thoughts: Huh, this was actually kind of boring... We met a few characters in rapid fire fashion, we saw a quick job with Redmond and Celia, and Redmond quit. That was pretty much it. I guess Redmond is lying about quitting and doesn't want to cut the other thieves in on his score in Venice(which we have no idea as to what's being stolen/done), but who really knows. As I stated in the open, I expect huge things from the guys responsible for this comic, so I'll definitely be sticking around. Here's hoping we get a bit deeper into things and do less skipping around next issue.

Score: 6 out of 10.
thief of thieves #1
Awesome, tips for stealing a car!

No comments:

Post a Comment