Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Comic Day! February 8th edition

Howdy, X-Maniacs! It's Wednesday, meaning it's time for a New Comic Day post! Huzzah and all that jazz! Instead of spending a mess of time on the preamble, let's get right to what books I picked up today... Batman and Robin #6, Grifter #6, Superboy #6, Thief of Thieves #1, Battle Scars #4, Captain America #8, Daken: Dark Wolverine #21, Deadpool #50, Journey Into Mystery #634, New Mutants #37, Secret Avengers #22, Venom #13.1, Wolverine and the X-Men #5, Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha and Omega #2. Hey, check that out, I got exactly 14 books, which is pretty much the perfect number of books for me in a week! Awesome!!

Let's see... This week's Pick of the Litter is basically a toss-up between two books, Secret Avengers and Deadpool... Since Pool is only starting a new storyline, while Secret Avengers is starting a whole new direction, I'll go with Secret Avengers. So later on tonight(much later...), expect reviews for first Secret Avengers and then Deadpool. On the other end of the spectrum, this week's Runt of the Litter is another toss-up... This time between Superboy and Daken. Hmm, I'm really torn here... Both comics star characters I really like(or in SB's case, used to like), but the storytelling in their respective books has just been abysmal for the most part as of late. I guess I'll give the slight nod to Superboy. While I'm hoping Daken picks up a bit seeing as that the series is almost finished(I think there are only like 2 issues left to go), I have no such expectations for SB, thus explaining why SB gets the Runt treatment. With 14 comics to get through this week, expect 2 reviews a night, but as always, that is subject to change depending on my schedule. And that'll do it here. I'll be back later on with a pair of reviews, until then, X out.

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait for you to review Deadpool #50!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comic Book Daaaaaaaaaaaaay!! Oh yeah!! So today seemed very off today at the shop...very quiet and eerie even. Maybe today just seems like an off day for me. BUT I'm glad to have more comics to read since I'm all caught up. So let's see what will X be reviewing that I'm anxious to read. Batman & Robin (I finally decided to give that demon Damian a chance lol. I have to read #5 then I'll be caught up. :) Umm let's see....Venom #13.1 Wolverine & the X-Men. Annd I believe that is it. Can't wait to see your reviews and JT's whenever he does them. You know how much a slacker he is :-)

    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, those books aren't that high up in my comic pile, Lisha... I'll probably get to them sometime this weekend(Venom'll be first, prob for Friday), but I can't say I'm that excited for those three... As for JT? We both know that he's a slacker, it's a part of his charm... I guess... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww it's okay hun. No matter what day you do the reviews I'm always looking forward to them.

    Lol @ part of his charm. X you so crazy.

    *waits for JT to appear*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You KNOW he's gonna pop up now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realize this is for last week, but I'm behind myself. I think you're missing out by not reading Suicide Squad. It's one of my favorite of all the New 52 books. Harley is in Gotham, and Batman is mentioned, but not actually in the issue, which is even better to me. The threat of Batman is enough. There are some well-done flashbacks explaining Harley's origin as well.

    SPOILER ALERT***************
    The issue ends with Harley causing enough mayhem to get herself arrested so that she can get inside the Gotham PD where the Joker's face is housed.

    Great book.

    ReplyDelete