Monday, February 27, 2012

Avengers Solo #5

Okay, two more reviews tonight, and then we'll finish out the week with the final two comics in my new comic pile tomorrow... You know, it's really seemed like the reviews this week took WAY longer to get through than usual... I don't know if that was because the books I read this week were sub-par or if it was because I've been tired due to work... Whatever it is, I've been pretty let down by most of the books I've read this week, and after looking at the comic books left in front of me, all I feel is a sense of dread...

Avengers Solo #5(of 5):

Summary: Okay, I'm going to be 100% honest with everybody right here... I have NO idea what happened in this comic book... Seriously, usually I can at least string together a few sentences about a comic book(even one that I hated) describing the actual story. But I literally don't know what happened in this comic. Plain and simple. Let's just say that Hawkeye beat the bad guys(he did, I understood that much), and the Avengers Academy kids were being tested in the back-up feature and leave it at that.

Thoughts: Wow, this was seriously terrible... It is a rare occasion indeed when I can't give a review for a comic book, but this was one of those times. I mean I've been really down on the main story in this mini since it began, but I could at least understand some of it. But this issue? Forget it. My brain was just NOT understanding this story at all. If you are a fan of Hawkeye, as I am, this mini-series was a serious kick to the gut...

Score: 1 out of 10.
avengers solo #5
This page was literally the ONLY thing I liked about this entire comic book!

2 comments:

  1. Honest to God, this issue was one of the worst issues I've ever read. I have no idea what the $%^& happened in this story. Also, the Avengers Academy kids were being tested? Really? Didn't you feel like you skipped an issue? Awful. Just awful. When are we going to get a decent Hawkeye series? WHEN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was SO incredibly let down by this mini-series in general, and this issue in particular... This was truly one of the worst comic books I've read in quite some time(if not ever, and I've read A LOT of comic books!)... I mean the ONLY thing it had going for it was the fact that Hawkeye was in it. If not for Hawkeye, I'd have been scoring this issue in the negative numbers! It was that bad. “Awful” perfectly sums this mini up... I swear, I have NO idea why doing a comic about Hawkeye is so difficult! Look at Blindspot. It made perfect sense, AND brought in a character that could be Clint's personal arch-enemy. This issue added nothing to ANYTHING. Terrible.

    And totally agreed with the Avengers Academy story! Where the HELL did THAT come from?! They were being tested? Really? Since when? It was like missing 40 minutes in the middle of a movie... The beginning was good, but the end? Nonsensical!

    ReplyDelete